Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your F today?

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77superpak's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Ethanol free regular in the Milwaukee area is hard to find. Everything has at least 10% ethanol. I was pissed at the station I normally go to for mid grade for the Challenger. They switched it out for 88 octane with 15% ethanol. So now I go else where for mid grade or if I'm there I get high grade. There is on place in town that sells racing fuel 100 and 110.

Those mats look smaller than the ones I received from ACC. I'll have to take a photo later of mine.

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I had a feeling it was that way. Do you guys still have emission testing required? I know it was only in certain county's in SE Wisconsin.
    Up here you can get ethanol free regular at at least 75% of the stations and far as I know, all the premium is ethanol free now. Got a VP Racing station just up the street with 110 race fuel ($7.99/gal, ouch) but it's technically for off road use only (leaded) but I put a couple gallons in with a full tank of premium/ Shhh, don't tell anyone.

Maybe ACC revised their mats to fit better? I see they're cut to fit around the floor "humps" where the Lloyd's ones aren't, which is another thing I didn't like about them.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Every station here has ethanol 10 or15% I can`t remember which. A very few places near the water have ethanol free but it costs more. It ruined the rubber fuel lines on my small outboard. We have emission testing on all cars in most counties except if you have antique or classic car tags or 77 vehicles and older IIRC. I usually use the additive from Lucas oil that is suppose to help with the ethanol gas on my old stuff and small boat motor and mowers.
    My floor mats look even smaller then those. I`ll see if I can get a pic.
    Last edited by 77rr2x4s; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:20 AM.

Aspen and Volare Member jermo17's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Racine and Milwaukee Countys are the only county's in Wisconsin that have emissions testing

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77superpak's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I live in Waukesha county. We have testing on any vehicle with OBD2 or newer diagnostic. They basically hook it up to see if there are any codes. They don't even do a tail pipe test.

Here is my floor mat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Last edited by 77superpak; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:47 PM.

Aspen and Volare Senior Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I live East of St. Louis and we have testing in parts of my county and the one South. It sucks. The gas mixture kills gas mileage. If I get into another county I fill up and can get upwards of 4 miles to the gallon better than with the crap gas. Around me you can't find gas that doesn't have alcohol for over a hundred miles in any direction unless of course you want to run $12 a gallon race fuel.
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2001.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 6 speed
    2013 Dodge Dart
    2016 Dodge Dart

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Guess I'll consider myself lucky then. There's at least 100 gas station/convenience stores in the metro area and I'd guess 75 of them have ethanol free regular and premium and no emission testing requirement. Then again, when they tested random gas samples of the "may contain up to 10% ethanol", the results were 0-6% ethanol content so buying "regular" regular might get you 0% ethanol anyways but there's no way of knowing beforehand.

Ron, your floor mats do look larger and seem to cover the dimmer switch. Sometimes I wonder if companies try their product on an actual car first before putting them on the market (not just floor mats or parts for old cars either) or do they just assume what the CAD program shows is correct?
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Junior Member CAL's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Love what you've done John!! So Proud of our Old Car! I Haven't wanted to snoop on you... but finally had to take a peek! Fantastic job.... we may even see it in a Magazine sounds like!! Congratulations and so glad your taking so much care of her!! She deserved to get out of that Car Port she's been in for 25 years!!!! Beautiful!!! I have HAPPY Tears!! Have Fun & Stay safe!!!! C&D

United States
    Thanks
    Sunday, I went to a car show. Was the only F there...rinse and repeat.

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Sunday, I went to a car show. Was the only F there...rinse and repeat.
    If I was given $100 for every time I hear " You don`t see these cars around much anymore" at the local car shows. I would have a good amount of cash on hand. I almost never see a F at any of the local shows. Kinda scarce around here.