Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your F today?

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalkervette View Post
    Congrats on the new addition, these cars have become very difficult to find regardless of condition.
    It's really sad that this car was just rebuilt in 04 and gotten so bad from being neglected in the Florida weeds when the retirees home owner association took issue with it. Glad it came home to Ohio and found me for its next chapter. Everything that isn't now junk, is Perfect. Still can't believe a second gold stripe car found me! Crazy!

I had my wife sold on it at 300=1800. But that stripe... and the trans # matched. So there went another $800. And then the engine buyer fell thru for the previous owner. So there went another $1500. All in all I consider it still a great deal, but now it's in pieces! And of course it'll jump the line on other projects like the last one did too... as soon as we get my daughter's White Superpak Gold Stripe 4spd going.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-05-26 21.28.51.jpg   2018-05-19 14.53.07.jpg  
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Senior Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Cool!
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2001.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 6 speed
    2013 Dodge Dart
    2016 Dodge Dart

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Added the return line to my new sender. Time to start putting parts back on.

United States
    Thanks
    Put in the sender. Replaced all the rubber fuel lines. Removed the ramaining brake parts from the old rear end. Got the new springs ready to put in. Put in the 5 wheel studs that arrived on Friday. Still waiting for the other 5. Almost ready to put in the new rear end. Then all I'll have left is to get the driveshaft cut down.

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Take any pics of the sender? I was thinking of adding a larger(3/8) pick up tube.

United States
    Thanks
    I didn't take any pics. What I did to add the line was drill a hole about 1/8. I also drilled a hole in some scrap metal the size of the tube I was adding plus two times the wall thickness of the tube. That is the die. Then you press or pound tapers through the hole backed by the die until you have the right size. It will have a nice deep lip around the hole to aid in soldering. In my case I also added a strut from the new line over to the support bracket for the feed line.

Got the other five studs and put them in. I'm waiting for the brake hose from Napa and the shock plate iso-delete from FirmFeel. Then I can get the rear mounted and measure for the driveshaft. I have a local shop that has come with many recommendations for driveshaft work.
    Last edited by doublechaz; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:57 PM.

United States
    Thanks
    Got the new axle off the stand and under the car. Got the rear of each spring in. The rest will have to wait for the weekend.

Aspen and Volare Senior Member Stalkervette's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Spent the day dusting off the car, getting it ready for a Wounded Warrior car show tomorrow.

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    About all I did on the F today was run the car duster over it and clean the black off the exhaust tips in preparation for driving it to work tomorrow, in theory. No chance of rain tomorrow as of now but, I'll decide one way or another in the morning. Spent a good portion of the day working on the not-F winter daily driver Dakota. Phase 2 of the rust repair started last summer is underway.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

United States
    Thanks
    Got my leaf spring hangers fab-ed up and primed. Remounted the springs and got the axle fastened in. I had to stop when I couldn't find my tiny line wrench to replace the brake hose. Looks like 5/16. Well, I had to go to the parts store tomorrow anyway to pick up the new shocks for the iso-delete.