Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Time to whip it out

Aspen and Volare Super Member 76sassygrassVolare's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mopars1 View Post
    Last Friday I took my 77 out for the first time in over 5 years to see what may happen. No leaks and the engine did not overheat and also ran perfect. The only hiccup was the transmission shifted at too high a speed (I have to get the Lokar cable adjusted) and the overdrive did not work. I have a vacuum switch hooked into the electrical system for the overdrive and it has three prongs and two wires. I tested the power flow once I got home using a hand vacuum pump and found I had it wired backwards lol! I have not taken it back out to test it but I have confidence it will be working ok. I put on probably 10-13 miles.
    NICE! No overheating is good! Mine ran very cool. Also was glad to see my fuel gauge was working!

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Since last week we had nothing but clear skies, mid 70's, very low humidity with slight breezes (absolutely PERFECT), drove the car to work every single day so,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,150 miles plus a couple last weekend. A new worlds record for one week, or in most cases, a month. Still, total so far this season is a dismal 600, give or take a few. There's still lots of time (hopefully anyways) to beat last years beastly 666 mile total.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    It has practically rained all summer here( or a least it seems that way). More days of rain and clouds then sunshine. Many car shows have been pushed to October because of cancellations.

United States
    Thanks
    That sounds the way it was here for at least 4 years, until this year when it didn't rain that much and went almost 4 weeks straight without so much as a drop. I really have no excuse for not getting more miles on the car this year than I have,,,,,so far. HOPEFULLY there's at least another month yet. I won't be warm out but as long as it's dry and the salt trucks haven't been out it's all good. The Aspen has an excellent heater that'll cook you out of the car even when it's 15 degrees out.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Fall Update

We had hoped to get out last Friday when I learned that a large local Dairy Hut/ Carry out food establishment has Halloween Twists! But it started raining again before I got off work. Can't get family pix with orange and black ice cream and an orange and black Roadrunner in the rain. So we skipped that for camping. Lol! But the previous weekend we racked up another 250 miles. Gota love a slow speedo, it was over 325.. when we went to our good friends wedding. The skies held off for their first pictures afterwards but we never got pix of the wedding party with the Mopars that showed up for them for that weather either. We had her pretty well blow dried for almost an hour on the way home and thought we'd make it. Then the sky literally opened wide up with Sleet when we reached Summit Motorsports Park. So she got put away wet and dried out a few days later from that one. Thank goodness I have those Camaro t-top seals in place to actually keep the rain outside! This was the only pic that got taken of us on that trip. Bill got a great double exposure in his review mirror as we were running from the rain to the reception hall in the next town.

So that's been our past few weeks. One outing and still got rained on, but surely enjoyed it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 112413.jpg  
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I also clicked one fairly decent shot of Bill, Mr. Magnum.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20181020_151556-1-1.jpg  
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Senior Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I have had my '77 out many times this summer to car shows and cruises. The first car show I went to early summer was the first time I had ever entered a vehicle in a show so I did not know the ins and outs of judging. No one helped in that area so I went home with my tail between my legs so to speak. I entered in four more shows during the summer and won in each of them anywhere from third to first place. I also entered a cruise/fly-in that did not have judging but had peoples choice style voting and I won an award there too. I also had an experience of the car getting rained on in a short but strong storm and my t-top seals held but the water came inside down the door glass where the a and b post and t-top outer seals meet. That is the first time the car has seen rain in ten years at least. I don't like rain! I have to assume I have put on over a thousand miles on the car this summer with quite a few growing pains that hopefully are all worked out by next season.
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2001.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 6 speed
    2013 Dodge Dart
    2016 Dodge Dart

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mopars1 For This Useful Post:

White Aspen R/T (2 Weeks Ago)

Aspen and Volare Senior Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh the latest on a repair front is I had to replace the power steering hoses today. I guess I cannot expect a 42 year old hose to hold up for the life of the car!
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2001.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 6 speed
    2013 Dodge Dart
    2016 Dodge Dart

United States
    Thanks
    After spending almost the entire day doing yardwork (managed to make a dent in it), took the Aspen out for what's most likely the last time for the season.
    Put about 10 miles on and it was a perfect thing after all the work with those flippin' leaves.

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Awesome, 42 Years on a American made hose. The China one probably won`t last 1/4 of that time if your lucky.