Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: 76 Sassy Grass Green Volare Ontario Canada

Aspen and Volare Senior Member 7T8 Custom's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks
    Where are your sub-frame connectors from and are those add on torque boxes at the back of them?

Aspen and Volare Member 76Beeper's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks
    The sub frame connectors came with the car. They were originally bolt on. They mounted under the rear frame rail so when looking at the side profile of the car you could see them underneath.
    There was no way I was accepting that look so I modified them to slip inside the frame rail as that's the proper way to do it. They do come thru the floor just behind the front seats in the rear foot-well area.
    The rear torque boxes came from RestoRick restorations - I just bought the front ones from Wilson Productions inc. and have yet to install them.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front torque boxes..JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	4884

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 76Beeper For This Useful Post:

7T8 Custom (2 Weeks Ago)

Aspen and Volare Senior Member 76sassygrassVolare's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks

Canada
    Thanks
    By the way John forgot to mention his car in the pics is a 71 Roadrunner lol

Canada
    Thanks
    Well, I managed to poke away at a few more things on the list, a little trouble hooking up the clutch linkage since I didn't take it apart and have never worked on a 4 speed Mopar at all. A lot of this project has been putting back together stuff i didn't take apart which can be frustrating.. I will never buy another car that is dis-assembled and in boxes ever again (no offense John, I know your plans changed mid-stream). Not familiar with the 4 speed , every car I have ever had was an auto, but I have been figuring it out. I think I have it mocked up ok now, missing a few small pcs though I think. I have the shifter in place and working now as well. Also installed driveshaft (one of the four yoke bolts is missing ugh, must have fallen off at some point during this build) Also mocked up the dual H pipe and mufflers that came off my Aspen, will use this exhaust temporarily to get this thing moving since it was almost brand new and I have it sitting right here. It bolted right up in my mock up which I wasn't sure being different headers and a different car. Its a "dump in front of diff" exhaust...not my favorite....Anyway, my list is still pretty long ,but all simple stuff I can just poke away at.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 76sassygrassVolare For This Useful Post:

White Aspen R/T (1 Week Ago)