+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1977 Volare Wagon :: 1977 Plymouth Volare

The Drive-Thru Garage Feature is availible to Members only. No fees are required to become a member of this site.
  1. General Information
    1977 Volare Wagon
    Plymouth
    Volare
    tan

Just found it on craigslist. Looked like a fun driver and I am trying to stop using my Magnum as a driver... It is tan with kind of an orange interior. The bottom is black, but I suspect it shouldn't be. I feel the same for the stripes on the hood.

Modifications

Slant six, of course.

•  

And of course an automatic transmission.

•  
    Comments: 5 / Views: 1184
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Nice wagon. I got my Volare Wagaon just to keep from piling up miles on my Magnum too. of course I enjoy driving either one anytime.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	photo[5].jpg
Views:	91
Size:	180.9 KB
ID:	7361

Thanks

Default Wagons

Quote Originally Posted by badvert65 View Post
    Nice wagon. I got my Volare Wagaon just to keep from piling up miles on my Magnum too. of course I enjoy driving either one anytime.
    Attachment 7361
    It looks like your Wagon may be a little more fun than mine. For now...

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Suspension-wise, it is a blast to drive. It handles great with the solid bushings, swaybars, and isoclamp delete...plus the bigger tires.
    I just wish the super six had a few more ponies in it. But, it will have a V-6 from a 92 Dakota by next spring.

Thanks

Default Wagons

Interesting swap. I was thinking about that just because of the overdrive transmissions this opens up to you. There isn't too much in the way of interesting manual transmissions available for the slant 6. But there are lots of options once you go to the 3.9 V6. Are you going to use the fuel injection from the Dakota as well? What transmission? Sounds cool...

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I basically got the engine and (4 speed auto) trans from a wrecked truck. The engine ran fine up until it hit the tree. I am going to freshen up the engine and add a few hot rod touches. I haven't decided if I will rebuild the trans or not but I like that trans because there is hardly any electronics involved. Just an off/on switch for the Overdrive. As for the engine, I have the entire harness and will be removing everything not connected to the computer/engine. I am also toying with the idea of adapting the Dakota instrument cluster to the Volare. It has round gauges (tach, speedo, volt, temp, oil, gas) and it will let me utilize the factory 'check engine' light for basic troubleshooting.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	InstrumentCluster.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	7368

+ Reply to Thread