Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast

Thread: Twin Turbo HEMI build

Aspen and Volare Senior Member Stalkervette's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Gave B3R the Dodge earlier, it will be good to get the AC working - this humidity sucks!

Rick said they should have the car back to me Wednesday, that will give me some time to get the car ready for this weekend.

Aspen and Volare Senior Member 76sassygrassVolare's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkervette View Post
    i finally finished the car album for the dodge today (it has been in the works for a couple months), since there are so many photos it was difficult to whittle it down to only meaningful build pictures. I then added a short sentence describing what the pictures are about and divided the album into categories with tabs. On the cover i added a couple decals to personalize it.

I'm also working on a master parts list with part numbers, cost and supplier. Seems like every show i've been to someone is inquiring about a part, supplier or cost.

Attachment 4594
    Attachment 4595

the car show poster board is a 20x30 i made in powerpoint; it was only $15.00 to print at walgreens (they had a 50% off sale). The difficult part was getting the template format generated. Between shows i have it hanging in the garage, i have the same thing for the vette.
    Attachment 4596
    nice!

Aspen and Volare Junior Member SRTKID92's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    What an amazing build. this is once neat car!!!
    Past Mopar's: 88 Dakota SE / 98 Dodge Neon Sport / 90 Dakota Base / 88 Shelby CSX-T # 739.

United States
    Thanks
    Well - it appears the problem with the increasing shake is in the Gear Vendors Overdrive. So it will be pulled and send in to have the gears inspected.

Pinion angles are verified to be good, so the problem definitely is in the case.

Aspen and Volare Senior Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Wow your luck is about as good as mine.
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2001.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 6 speed
    2013 Dodge Dart
    2016 Dodge Dart

United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mopars1 View Post
    Wow your luck is about as good as mine.
    AMEN! Seems like it never ends.............

United States
    Thanks
    Here is an update.

Still waiting to hear back on what Gear Vendors found wrong inside the overdrive. Forgot to mention that the front seal bearings on the Dana 60 were also worn; in my mind this was probably a result of how hard the driveshaft was shaking. No other reason for a set-up with well under 500 miles on it to have have bad bearing. Again, the angles are all good...

With the AC line issue I've given Chuck creative license on what he feels is best. If he makes -AN fittings with rubber hose he said he may make a firewall cover; the lines will still be ran under the inner fender, all that is seen is the connection on the firewall. Still surprises me that the expensive SS hoses permeated the refrigerant.

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Still think somehow you ended up with the wrong kind of SS hose (i.e. not for A/C). Just a guess though.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

United States
    Thanks
    We verified that it is the correct nylon lined hose from Aeroquip. It is frustrating because those lines are NOT cheap

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/a...0803/overview/

"Aeroquip offers air conditioning hose, specifically designed for A/C component applications. It features a stainless steel outer braid with a nylon inner tube for top-notch refrigerant performance. This hose is available in several different sizes to suit your needs."

United States
    Thanks
    Got the car back from B3R. This is what they found:

AC Stainless Braid Hose Leak -- Even though the entire hose lit up under a fluorescent light, it was not a permeation problem. They deep cleaned the hose and watched it with the fluorescent dye leak from one of the fittings and the dye wicked all the way up the hose braid. They replaced/repaired the fitting and all is blowing cold once again. Remember the standard AC hose ends were converted to -AN fittings.

Shaking / Vibration -- this is an interesting one. In the tail housing of the GV overdrive there is a copper sleeve that is about two inches in length. The driveshaft yoke going in the GV tail housing was in about half way and it deeply wore the copper sleeve, you can feel and see a deep groove. B3R was in communications with Gear Vendors and they said the driveshaft yoke needs to fully go in through the copper sleeve. The fix was to obviously replace the copper sleeve, then the driveshaft was lengthened one inch. Something simple that was not in the installation instructions.

I just cleaned the car and I'm getting ready to put it on the highway in a little bit to see how it feels.