+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1976 Original Volare/Roadrunner Forsale

Thanks

Default 1976 Original Volare/Roadrunner Forsale

Check it out at http://www.cars-on-line.com/41316.html
    NO RUST anywhere ... 360 Crate motor ( 380-400 hp ) , dual exhaust , Black Jack elec cooling fans ,NEW 3 core MODINE radiator , chrome alternator , MSD ignition , new master cyl , rotors , drums ... ORIGINAL 22000 mile vehicle ... ORIGINAL paint ,Chrome and stainless and potmetal exterior in excellent condition ... RARE color combo ... 10000 or best offer ...

Thanks

Would you mind posting the fender tag information?

Did the car come with those rims?

What motor came with it? So how many miles on the engine? Are the miles on the body documented?

This is a really interesting car, more information would be nice.

Thanks

Yeah I would like to see the fender tag and possibly the build sheet.

Thanks

Default 76 volare

Send me email and i will send you more pictures ....

Thanks

Please don't take what I'm about to say, the wrong way. though it sounds like a damn nice car, I don't know that it would still qualify as an "original" car anymore. Maybe it did leave the factory originally as a Roadrunner, and I'm NOT gonna "knock" you, for making the changes that you have to it. It's your car. it's not new anymore, at 34 years old. Things wear out; sometimes just from sitting, worse than when daily driven.
    I just got done replying to a thread myself, to someone that said my ideas to "improve" my car "would not be worth it" to him.
    To each is own. That makes the "car world" go 'round. I'm not gonna bash the guy. He has different ideas for his car then you or me. Great. Cool. Appreciate it for what it is, what he's trying to do, in his mind. It ain't cheap, even to just maintain a car these days, let alone "build" one.

In some ways, it even sounds like what I want my car to come out like, something to "shoot for"; but I will be the 1st to tell anyone, that my car won't be original, once I get it finished.

All I'm saying, is to be careful about calling it original, with having added that crate motor and such; it has been modded from original. Some others out there though, may not like what they see if they are expecting a truly original car. By original, they would expect "unmodified", the same engine to be there that was put there from Day #1, manifolds, and so on. Everyone's idea of what makes an "original" car, just that, certaily isn't the same. then you get the ones that say "only" a Volare".... but we here, all know better!

Regarding your radiator; did you have yours recored with a 3 row core? or did you find/buy a 3 core radiator and bolt it in? All new "complete" radiators I found when I got mine were either single or 2-row cores (I have a 2 row, still new in the box, waiting 'til I get my car to the point of being ready to bolt it in) Did you but a radiator for a different application? I'd like to go with a "3 core" on my build.

and I HAVE to add; it IS a damn nice looking car you have there, whether "original", or not!
    Last edited by volaredon; 01-29-2010 at 01:01 PM.

Thanks

Default volare roadrunner

I can respect what you said... and yes ... i guess everybody describes original differently ... Original to me would be exterior paint , trim etc..., interior etc.... NOW to the engine.... If i was offered and original 318 in this vehicle ( numbers matching ) or a crate motor ( 400 hp )... worth minimum double what original motor was worth ... I can GURANTEE you , i would say .... use the original 318 as a boat anchor .... i will take crate motor ....
    and YES ... Radiator is ORIGINAL tanks ....I had it record with MODINE K core .... which is BETTER Than a 4 row hands down.... The radiator and cooliing fan setup set me back minimum 500 dollars ...
    When i say ORIGINAL Roadrunner also ... i mean that this car came from factory this way! I did not add strips ....etc.... I am not in the garage now ... but a spoilerd roadrunner came with a specific 3 digit code option ... a NON -spoiler roadrunner came with another 3 digit code option... This car has it ... i just do not feel like going in the garage and looking at this time....
    Again ... IF this car does not sell by spring ... it will get vinyl removed , and i will reinstall MY 15 inch ralleys back on .. TOTALLY changes appearance of this vehicle with ralleys on it ...
    Again Please do not take this in a bad way ... BUT it is time to move on ... and i want to add to my A-body collection ....THanks

Thanks

Whenever you look I think everyone would be intrigued. Vinyl top R/Ts and Roadrunners are rare and fairly undocumented. So that kin of original is probably a bigger deal than the motor.

I went a different way and have the orig #s match 318 fairly modified inside the SE.

Thanks

yeah, its your car and I understand/respect that; and I also understand why the swap to the crate 360 would have been done; and on one hand I dont blame you one bit.... but when it comes time to sell the car, which you are wanting to do; I think I would at least offer the buyer the original motor along with the car, in case they want to put it back to totally "original"; I know of several car people that swap engines this way and hang onto original engines for this reason.... now had it been a "plain" Volare that was not built from Day1 as a RR, that might be a different story; I wouldnt be so "worried" about having "that" motor in it. (or at least with it) I don't have my orig engine any more either; it was a /6.

the other thing that I cant understand, is the number of people that call a 318 a "boat anchor"; in stock form, personally that's my impression of most 360's; with the low compression, dished pistons and all; stock the only thing a 360 is better at than a 318 is sucking the gas tank dry faster...
    in modified form, though, yes the 360 can be a screamer... but don't count the 318 "short", look at all the 300, even 400HP 318 builds coming out of the woodwork these days. You can always stroke a 318 and then you got a 390 (or 392?)
    The worst thing about a 360? Why in He!! did Chrysler castrate them with dished pistons? that is the biggest thing that holds them back; lack of compression. alot of them were less than 8:1!

I have a 78 fury that is truly original down to (so far) still having its Lean Burn and A/C that work!
    so far air shocks and true catless duals, are all that deviate from original on it. but I do have plans of deleting the Lean Burn and the 2 barrel as well. and yeah it's a 318. but nothing that cant be "put back"

Thanks

Default rr volare

The only reason this car is not selling .. is because the economy , me not listing it in several websites ... and asking top dollar ... Every month i have brokers , trader magazines calling me wanting a couple of hundred dollars to advertise this vehicle in there mag... Again 22000 miles on the clock ... ANY person that knows F-bodies ... is aware that you can hear these cars RUST at night ...This vehicle has NO rust , AND NO body work performed on it ever... I have seen ONE other car in this color and i do believe that it is in LONDON ONT...

Thanks

Hey... don't think I said anything I did to "knock" your car! that wasn't my intent at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast