Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364

Thread: What did you do to your F today?

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't plan to touch it unless I'm rebuilding the whole fuel delivery system. Then I'll probably break off the nipples or something.

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I would imagine they could get clogged but more probably snap the nipple ends off like you said.

United States
    Thanks
    Once it got cooled down this night I got the window header out of the wall and the garage door header in. That's real progress getting that end room turned back into a garage. Just a little more framing work and it will be time to cut a big hole.

United States
    Thanks
    Garage then living space then back to a garage?? Did they pull the original header out?

United States
    Thanks
    Yes they did for some reason. They could have just put the window below the old header, no fitment problem, and framed the rest in, but for some reason they went to the quite large amount of work of jacking that whole end of the house up and removing the header and putting in a shorty just big enough for the window.

But I imagine these were the same people that did the wiring. OMG the wiring. It's a cast bronze gold plated miracle the place didn't burn down before I got it. I mean I found a spot where the white wires got so hot they turned black several inches back literal miracle. It took quite a lot to get things split and up to code. But I knew that when I bought and the price was fair considering the problems. I'm happy with the house, I'm just amazed at the things people do.

United States
    Thanks
    Last night I reached the fed up stage. For a long time I've had a loose baffle in the muffler that rattles like crazy. Even though I'm building the new exhaust I just can't take it any more. So I took the old drivers side exhaust off and cut into the muffler until I found the loose baffle and then welded everything all back together. Now at least the car doesn't sound like a junker.

United States
    Thanks
    I had a muffler with a loose baffle before. They can get very annoying to say the least. Then again I think Flowmaster mufflers sound horrible on about anything they are installed on. Some people love um.

United States
    Thanks
    BTW, I never thought about it until now. why didn`t you install the famous muffler bearing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWdqlpxRA4I

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Don't forget to fill the blinker fluid bottle, lube the knuter valve and change the air in the tires twice a year. Remove the winter air and fill with summer air, in fall go back to winter air! LOL

An exhaust rattle will drive a person insane and, I agree with you on Flowmasters. They sound,,, well,,, I don't know how to describe it other than "breathy". To each their own of course.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

United States
    Thanks
    I've been keeping the car looking bad because it entertains me the way people react, but the mechanics are solid. Except that rattle sitting at lights made it sound like a junker as well as look bad and that undermines the credibility of it being a mechanically solid car.

It is SOOO much better without the rattle, but whatever junk mufflers those are still sound like a cross between a '39 Ford and a 1918 Chris Craft ski boat.

I really feel like I have to get the garage door done so I can get a shallow pit or one of those mini lifts in there before I build the real exhaust. I hope I'm satisfied with the sound of that. 2.5 inch dual with cats, then about 24 inches of resonator followed by straight through mufflers and then over the axle and out the back. It will be bolt together so if the mufflers turn out to be terrible I can weld flanges on some others and swap them.

(The door header is fully in. There is some permitting stuff. Then there is cut the hole and hang the door. Almost there.)