Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3575838485

Thread: What did you do to your F today?

United States
    Thanks
    Thanks Matt. Do have two of the washers and nuts that you will sell me. My originals are long gone. Mike
    BTW, The u nut or j nut in the pic where the fender bolts must have changed in later years as my 77 had a fix threaded hole in that position. Kinda weird in that it is limited in the adjustment.
    Last edited by 77rr2x4s; 07-10-2020 at 02:30 PM.

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I just had the opportunity to disassemble a 76 for the first time in seemingly forever. So few of those left today, and I could tell they'd tried really hard to maintain this one. So much was Excellent, and yet so much was just too far gone coming back out badly around old and clearly repeated repairs. I understood why they gave up and it came here. It was a little sad but still interesting to get reaquainted with the early example of F-body construction I cut my teeth on so long ago. I'll have to see if I have an unrusted early spring plate or at least took pix of that one to compare to this 79 piece. Can honestly say I didn't notice. But with the cowl and inner fender rot up under the lip I was just zipping the front clip off in a hurry. One thing I thought was really strange enough to remember was, when's the last time anybody went to remove fenders and they were still seam sealed to what remained of those inner fenders? I don't recall that often at all. They're usually loose from age, body flex, or not being resealed during recall replacement.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    My 77 car has virtually no rust . Pretty much the only places I had any rust was under the seam sealer. No rust thru but over time I`m sure it would have. I did have seam sealer under the fenders. I would be hesitate to use it again for that reason. It seems to retain moisture for sure. I don`t remember the spring plate difference?
    Last edited by 77rr2x4s; 07-11-2020 at 09:29 AM.