Page 60 of 65 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your F today?

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77superpak's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    An easier way is to get a Molotow chrome pen. I use these for my scale models. You can find them at hobby stores or Hobby Lobby. They cost around $10-12 each and come in a few sizes. I have a 1mm and 2mm widths. They take awhile to fully cure but the results are great.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 77superpak For This Useful Post:

77rr2x4s (04-09-2019)

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I may have to try that. Thanks Ron!

I liked it better with the "chrome" trim. have to admit. Just got lazy I suppose.

The Liquid Chrome does nice job but you have to follow the instructions to the letter and have lots of patience. Some steps require 5-10 days cure time before you apply the next part of the system.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Good to know, thanks.

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I've been daily driving mine all week. I broke my regular car. I hope to get that back to full duty this weekend.

United States
    Thanks
    Went on the first run of the season, which may or may not have really started yet. Time will tell............Only went a few miles but, man did it feel good! Everything seems fine except the A/C doesn't work. Not that I needed it, it's only in the low 60's, just wanted to see if it worked. Seems to be fully charged so it has to be something with the new control panel. Maybe the connector came unhooked while putting it in or, the control is bad. Either way, shouldn't be a big deal to take care of.

After driving nothing but my gutless Dakota for the past 6 months, it was nice to drive something with actual power again.

Blue wire from the controller to the A/C pressure switch was off, NOW the car's all set for the season.
    Last edited by aspen79; 04-21-2019 at 08:11 AM.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

United States
    Thanks
    Bumped into the girlfriend of the PO of my car over the weekend. She tried to buy it back. She does that every time I see her. Too bad for them, but I really love having this car, even if I did get it by accident at first.

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Um. Well.. I went to Aspen Dental. Does that count for anything?
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    My condolences. I went there a few years ago also, and it took at least 15 appointments over the course of damn near an entire year to do 3 fillings and 2 crowns. What a clown show. I never saw any need to go back there ever again after the work was done. I would have told them to go you know what themselves sooner but it was all prepaid with a non-refundable contract (how could I have been so stupid?) so I was stuck. Went out and found an excellent dentist and problem solved.

United States
    Thanks
    Swapped from the 195 thermostat back to the 180 since the hotter one didn't help with the choke openning, and come summer it's hard to keep it cool. Then I drove over the mountain and back.

Also did a little welding on the exhaust a few days ago. They aren't the worst stainless welds I've ever seen. Now I'm stuck getting the diameters of some of the parts to fit, and then I'll be stuck getting everything lined up under the car without a realistic way to get under there.

United States
    Thanks
    I got my choke slightly functional for summer. Now it's cold AF here. It snowed yesterday and Sunday even down in town. So the car runs like crap again. I'll probably just wait it out.