Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your F today?

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by doublechaz View Post
    It doesn't matter how much less you can get one for if that cheap one doesn't actually work.
    Exactly!
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I didn't do this yet, but... Just felt a minor disturbance in the force. Sure as Hades, when I checked the security cam, the interior lights were on in the car. So I guess in the morning I will have to get into the wiring and find out why the lights are stuck on. Good thing I have LEDs in it. The 7+ hours of sitting with the lights on probably didn't do anything to the battery.

Aspen and Volare Super Member Stalkervette's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I hate flippin' wiring - good luck, let us know what you find.

Hopefully mice didn't need some light

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I did what I always do and bought another one....

At least this one isn't full of holes.

'79 RR 360-4, console shift, dual exhaust, sure grip and rear sway bar, black with gold on black.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 79RRhome1.jpg  
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Ohio car? That's cool, 360 4V, 4-speed, etc. Is it original or a swap?

BTW, is that a Cordoba nose in the pic? I miss my '78 to this day.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

United States
    Thanks
    Automatic, AC, I actually haven't even looked it over really well yet. Haven't even taken a tag pic to just browse it's option codes. I kinda looked as I loaded it and was happy. I didn't give much so wasn't really worried about a thorough examination in person before handing the money over. It's a rust free Alabama car and I recall the pix from before I was interested when it was offered again already in Ohio.

Yes, that's my wife's 78 Doba in the foreground. That last wind storm ate the "All Weather" cover so I've got to order another one. If I could quit buying cars for a minute I could just buy lifts for inside and wouldn't have to cover a few up outside.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Don't know why I thought it was a 4-speed.................... Anyways, the rust is only surface rust then?

As I've mentioned, the '78 Cordoba I had until '96 was one of my favorites for general daily driving and/or trips. Comfortable, quiet, good handling, adequate power. Unfortunately, despite my best efforts, Wisconsin did it's thing and the rust became (at that time in my life) more than I could fix. If I had today, I'd be all over the rust repairs! Once the left spring hangar came inside the car and pushed the rear seat cushion up,,,,,,,,,,,I made the call to Yaeger's Auto Salvage. Worst part is, the interior was still 99% mint condition. Son of a....................................

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    The lights turned out to be the unreliable switch for, I guess it's the map light, next to the glove box. Took it out, Deoxit, electronics cleaner, Deoxit, and back in. Seems better. I don't know if I bumped that switch yesterday or if it vibrated to the on position.

On to chasing vacuum leaks. The brake booster hose didn't stand up to the wetting with carb cleaner test. On disection, it seems to have been a power steering return hose coopted into vacuum service. That got me from 18:1 idle down to about 16:1, but the dark came on and the wind picked up dropping the temps from 50 to 40 in about a half hour, so I'm done for the night. At least now I can idle at a light without worrying about stalling.

United States
    Thanks
    We do enjoy driving our Doba a lot also. I built it like two or three years ago. Dropped a ton of work and money into it from being a long time yard ornament from Virginia. My interior is a mix of pieces that replaced the solid red with corduroy 60/40. But quite honestly I've never been comfortable on low back Mopar seats. So I picked up a pair of 76 Daytona highbacks. As soon as my current seat project at the upholsterers is done, those and the current rear seat are going in for custom tri-tone to match the car. I'm looking at a rebuild of the lock-up 727 now since it gets such good mileage with it. Needs a new steering box from all the miles and while I'm at it spending money I'll never recoup I may as well throw the Street/Strip Firm Feel bars and Bilsteins under it too. Man they make such a difference in the driving experience! Once it's apart for all that, it's finally time to swap in the RCMP speedo and GT tach. Oh, I did get the correct stickers for under the hood eventually too.
    Oh, add that it's a column shift car. But since I found buckets, I put the console in with cupholders in place of a shifter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BBrs1.jpg   BlackBeautyChoo.jpg   EngineAfter.jpg   DobaGuts3.jpg   ApplianceDoba.jpg   DobaDash.jpg  
    Last edited by Rattle Trap; 02-10-2019 at 08:46 PM.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Junior Member 1978volare_ken's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    That's a good looking Car Rattle Trap!