Page 71 of 74 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your F today?

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I got new front tires.

My phone also ate the pictures of the disc brake shields. I'm trying to figure out if there is a way of recovering them.

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Did Killary get a hold of your phone?
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

United States
    Thanks
    It's google's fault.

Got aligned today to go with the new tires.

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Man, I haven't gotten anything Mopar done lately. Still working on building up a Ford 8" axle. Man I've got a boatload of money in that. Hope to drop the axles off to get the new bearings pressed tomorrow. Then it'll finally just be down to assembling and installing it. But my daughter has put "Sandblast Dixie" on the dry erase board. That's her white R/T. So the sooner I can get this out of the way the better.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Changed my oil.

United States
    Thanks
    Took mine out to pick up some groceries today and found that I don't have a 2 to 3 shift at least up to 50 mph. The only thing that has changed since it worked was driving through the big dirt burm in front of my house. Long story involving road construction and multiple times digging through the power and gas lines. Result is a 7000 volt extension cord through my front yard that they helpfully piled two feet of dirt over so I can drive in and out. I must have dragged away the kickdown linkage going through the dirt.

United States
    Thanks
    Checked the throttle linkage to the trans. After that I got a couple very late and very weak 2-3 shifts, but now every shift up out of 2 results in neutral. Manual 2 and manual 1 act as expected. I expect I have a blown front clutch seal or maybe debris in a valve.

Looks like no road trip for this one in the next couple weeks.

Aspen and Volare Super Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Yep front clutch most obviously to blame. I am sure you know but if gets worse losing reverse is not far behind.
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab 4WD
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport
    2017 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack

United States
    Thanks
    Last I knew I had slightly delayed but firm reverse.

More details. I have good first and second in manual 2, but not good in manual 1 that shows a failure to apply the low/reverse band, the first symptom of low fluid.

I also thought the dipstick looked a bit weird and on reflection I think I have low and foamed fluid.

If I'm real lucky what got dragged away was the integrity of a cooler line and I'm just real low on fluid preventing front clutch apply. So far I'm letting it cool and settle to reduce foam and then I'll warm it up and check it again.

United States
    Thanks
    No luck. All warmed up with fluid level perfect I had about 5% of reverse to get out of the driveway. When lever in D I still get 1, 2, N. A few miles later I had intermittent R when selected. Sometimes full, other times next to nothing.

Seems like a torn o-ring for the front clutch that kinda seats under the higher line pressure for R, but fails to seat for 3.

Today there was also an odd new noise that sounded like a bit of debris getting hit by a fan. I bet I can write off the torque converter now.

I'm torn. I'd love to rebuild it myself, but that carries a lot of risk, and it would take a lot of time. A complete unit would be a lot better, but it will cost. I did hit up the sales team at Hughes to see what they say.

Are all 904s from our cars 27 spline output? Are there any differences at the input end, or would those go away if matching a Hughes 904 and Hughes torque converter?
    Last edited by doublechaz; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:33 PM.