Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3676848586

Thread: What did you do to your F today?

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Did my quarterly vacuum cap replacement. Sorted the other vacuum hose leaks. Carb was still misbehaving for unknown reasons, in that nothing else has changed since it was working.

It has always tried to be very lean at high speed cruise with WOT and idle set correctly. Lately it started leaning out at WOT compared to normal especially in one bank. All this is my fault from modifying the carb. I finally felt like I understand the BBD solid fuel enough to correct it. I don't have a collection of orifices, but I have a few extra metering rods. So I turned 1 to 2 thousandths off my rods depending on the length position and the AFRs moved just as much as I wanted. It is still more lean in one bank than the other, but the numbers are much better at high speed low load and WOT. The lean bank only happens at less than 6 inches, and this carb won't go lower than 4 inches so I figure it is the throttle shaft that is in desperate need of boring and bushing as the throttle butterfly doesn't move much in that last bit and nothing else around the engine is really changing in that range.

I also disabled the choke since it has been giving no end of trouble with the crossover blocked up and parts no longer available for the electric heater.

If the intake comes off, then it's going in the junk and there will be a rebuild rather than cleaning out the crossover.

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I've been told I don't share enough. So here we go.

Doing a little spring freshening today.

Golden Goose lost the water pump. The impeller was spinning loose on the shaft! Good thing I was only half a mile from the house when it let loose.

I'll be replacing the silly 16" radiator with a 22 for now and see how the performance built 318 behaves with that before making the call to open the core support for a factory appearing 26" install as it goes out for paint.

Always nice to have a custom built tool for proper Mopar hose clamps. Those things are the Devil, Bobby! But with a little thought put into the tool I can go after them sideways if clearance is tight or 2 different directions the long way, and lock those suckers open for removal.

Sold new in California it even had an air pump long ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210419_193940.jpg   20210419_191957.jpg   20210419_195041.jpg   20210419_182338.jpg  
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Nice.
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab 4WD
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport
    2017 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack

Aspen and Volare Senior Member DCAspen's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    How many Yellow 77s were made? RR and Aspen R/t?

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    No idea on production number by colors. Wish they would have kept better records so we could know the things the owners of older cars can determine about theirs.

I don't personally know of more than a handful of yellow Dodges or Plymouths surviving in Yellow. There's others who say they have more extensive records than I do, and I believe them. Hard telling what ever became of the cars they've seen. So many Mopars go into storage and aren't seen again for decades. Just among the Yellow Superpak Roadrunners that have been seen in the past few years, I know mine was garaged on the west coast from the early 90's til the year before I got it. Another came out of over 25 years storage in Tennessee to sell twice on ebay in a year then disappeared again. A third popped up in Wisconsin and went straight from long term storage there to not be seen again after the sale. I think it would be as impossible to say what's still out there as to know how many there ever were to begin with. In so many cases we're a strange bunch who like what we like, and that isn't contingent on the approval of others even knowing what we enjoy having tucked away.

I'm going to try to share more often though.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Got my water pump replaced but overall the weekend work was a waste of time. Put a "new" 3 core aluminum radiator in the Goose. Turned out to be as much junk as everything else from the abandoned project I bought as scrap a few years ago. Of course it had a hole in it after 2 days of fitting it to the car. Why wouldn't it have a hole in it?

Don't trust either of my 22" V8 rads, so selected a good looking /6 unit with big tanks. Straightened my trans lines from being fitted to the aluminum and ordered a big block Cordoba top hose to finish hooking it up. Be in Wednesday.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Keep plowing ahead.
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport

United States
    Thanks
    I feel like if I don`t have bad luck then I wouldn`t have any luck at all. LOL

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    FINALLY got my rad hose today from the Autozone where My Dude knows his stuff!

Nobody carrying an actual correct Doba upper hose today. Not sure what this fits but it's PERFECT!

Shortened the PO's new heater hoses to go under it without rubbing. Made a steel fuel hardline to replace the rubber one laying on the intake with vaporlock written all over it.

Then went for a Cruise!

Rolled over a Cool mileage point on this sweetheart too!

Really happy to be the one who gets to finally put some miles on the Golden Goose!

Got it backed into the main bay for "new" rear leaf springs now. Yeah, they're used. Lightly. Gently. But have like new arch.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210501_171531.jpg   20210501_163906.jpg   20210501_164843.jpg  
    Last edited by Rattle Trap; 1 Week Ago at 01:28 AM.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Nice
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport