Page 50 of 62 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your F today?

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Mine (318) has a vacuum controlled water valve going to the heater core. When I got the car this unit was failed so no hot. Now if I put the mode to heat and the hot air blows on my right foot I have to be careful not to get second degree burns. You could also have a problem with the climate controls not actuating that valve or some of the blend doors.

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Got the seat track covers cleaned and painted "Landau Black" with the good ol' SEM paint. Turned out nice. Now I have 3 out of the 4 covers. Didn't know it before but the right outer is also the left inner, and left outer is also the right inner cover.

Was going to do them yesterday but glad I waited. Today was bright, sunny, no wind and 40 degrees(!!!!!!!!) so doing them outdoors (in the sun) worked out good.

Just realized this was started on "the other site" so nobody knows what the heck I'm talking about with this post. Anyways, I always had one cover and just got these two off Ebay. The were in great condition, except they were red.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00170.JPG  
    Last edited by aspen79; 12-16-2018 at 06:45 PM.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I know. LOL BTW, no inner covers on any of my cars. Don`t think they had them.

Aspen and Volare Senior Member 7T8 Custom's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks
    I have never seen an Aspen or Volare with covers on more than just the outer tracks but I don`t see why you couldn`t put them on the inside ones as well for a more finished look.

United States
    Thanks
    I'm going by the parts manual. It's most likely Aspen never used the inners but other's did. Looks like the covers fit many different models.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    It made me check the 4 speed Aspen and it DOES have one inner track cover on the drivers side. None on the inner of the passenger side Hmmm... It doesn`t appear to be room for a passenger side inner due to the floor shape. As someone stated on another sight. It most likely didn`t used a inner on console cars. Sounds about right to me.

United States
    Thanks
    The '78 Cordoba I owned, way back when, had buckets and I remember it had covers on all 4 tracks. No console, it had a "buddy seat". I'm pretty sure they looked the same. Maybe only the "fancy cars" got the full treatment.

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I've never personally owned an F-body with a driver inner cover. Thanks to DCAspen I learned that they redesigned the tracks in '80. They also used a slip over cover on the tab of the 80 pass inner track front. The front seat belts had an interesting phallic shape to their bases that year also. Much like the bucket seat belt guides. Lot's of interesting detail changes over the years. Our Doba has the inner track cover incorporated into the power driver bucket base. Late B-body buckets power unit is entirely self contained in the base and the cover is a full piece. It will fit an F-body if your desire is to add power seats. However, their 60/40 uses the same power base as an F-body Bucket seat with the controls fitted into the actual seat. So if you wanted, you can add an option with factory appearance to an F-body by choosing that option of a B. All late B-body passenger seat tracks are same as F. And yes, that is where you source the inner front covers. Because they were a higher end car, their trim was more complete.

Thanks for bringing that topic up guys! Moments like these when I can share long winded explanations of interchanges and differences truly make me appreciate all I've learned over the years from our membership and my own ownership of different Mopars!
    Volare Magnet

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rattle Trap For This Useful Post:

7T8 Custom (12-17-2018)

Aspen and Volare Senior Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    My buckets have both inner and outer covers from the factory. As a side note I don't have a console or a buddy seat but I do have a column shifter.
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab 4WD
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport
    2017 Dodge Challenger R/T

United States
    Thanks
    Other than working on the throttle pedal upgrade (see other thread), put the NOS chrome door lock knobs on. Amazing how much difference something so small can make. Added bonus, I won't draw blood on the peeling chrome of the old ones anymore