Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ... 347482838485 LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your F today?

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Rain Rain more freaking rain. Haven't got anything done with a car. It quit raining early enough yesterday that I could mow in the afternoon, and as soon as I was putting it in the shed again a mist so heavy it was like rain started coming down for the next hour. And then it rained half the night again and hasn't let up yet this morning. Never stops long enough to dry off this spring.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    We have rain expected anytime of the day off and on for the foreseeable future forecast which is over a week.
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab 4WD
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport
    2017 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack

Aspen and Volare Senior Member 77blue on blue's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Rains supposed to hold off here till Monday. I'm finishing my house fence line and gonna start converting my new super coupe to a 1977 Super Coupe
    1977 Dodge Aspen Sport Coupe, 1980 Aspen R/T clone, 1979 Volare Wagon Premier, 1972 D300 Camper Special Crew Cab, 1993 Plymouth Sundance Duster, 1990 W150, 1986 Ramcharger

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    We're supposed to get rain the entire holiday weekend, not constant but at some point so not sure if the car will come out or not. Looked like it was going to rain all day today, and it started about 1/2 hour ago. Taking bets right now on this one. What are the chances next Tuesday will be clear, sunny and beautiful? If it goes by tradition, the chances are roughly 100%.

Guess a good a time as any to pull the HVAC controls out and see what's causing the annoying vacuum whistle when in MAX AC and OFF. Hoping it's just a loose hose to the recirc motor at the control.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Took mine out for a little warm up. Still running great in manual 1 and manual 2, and R is serviceable after warmup. P and N are dead simple. D is still not there at all. Trying to get on top of house projects a bit, but about ready to talk to Hughes. Just as prep, someone here has likely worked with them before. Is the norm to send them your dead unit first, send it as a COR, or is their new unit stand alone from your old unit? I'll get it all worked out with them either way, but it would be more comfortable to have an idea ahead of time.

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm not sure but I imagine they have a core charge on your old one. Generally on something like that, you send the core back afterwards, using the crating the new one came in.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

United States
    Thanks
    Thanks. That makes sense about the shipping. In my case I may just drive to them, just a couple hours away.

I moved a Subaru manual trans in the back seat of the Volare once, the Subaru can return the favor in the hatch.

United States
    Thanks
    Tonight I put the interior back together after fiberglassing the top of the headliner with it propped up in the car. That was a fright. I started early Saturday to work before it got hot. Turned out the can of resin I had wasn't as full as I thought so I ran out to get more. By the time all that was done it was about 100 in the shade, and I don't have any shade. Fortunately the desert cools off fast when the sun goes away. When it got back to about 75 I did the rest of the layup and thought I would put it back together in the morning. It got down below 60 during the night, so in the morning the second batch of layup was still liquid. Thankfully the drop cloth did its job so the liquid didn't wreck anything. I closed all the windows up and left it through the day. Outside hit 105 so I imagine the interior was up over 150. Anyway, everything cured up fine once the heat hit. Big relief after finding it all soggy in the morning! So tonight after it got back down to 85 or so I put it all back.

The headliner didn't end up perfect because of being propped up on the reclined front seats and various other junk to hold it in shape. It would have been a lot better to get the liner out and build a faired line frame to keep it perfectly shaped, but it is pretty good this way and removing glass wasn't in the plan. And it is quite rigid now so it shouldn't sag again. Also, the resin didn't soak through and ruin the POs beautiful black crushed velvet facing, so I'm stuck with that for now.

Took her out for a celebration drive and already the polyester/styrene stench is almost completely gone. I figure one more hot day should cure any remaining stink, and then some time with the windows down and everything will be done.

Aspen and Volare Super Member Stalkervette's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Today all I did was wheel detailing. I use Wheel Woolies Wheel Brushes, worth every cent! You can very easily clean the inside of the rim with it on the car.

Only reason I bought them was that they were marked down on a Black Friday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ACC_M10_1.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	272.9 KB 
ID:	6370

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I had a question about hood spring mounting and can't put pix in messages. So I'll put this here.

Washer on panel (back) side as a 1/16" spacer has 21/32" ID and I have them at 1-1/4 & 1-5/16" OD. Stud uses a shouldered crush nut.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200710_132112.jpg  
    Volare Magnet