Thread: New roof rail seal....doesn't.

Aspen and Volare Member
    United States
    Thanks

New roof rail seal....doesn't.

Picked up some new Metro roof rail seals for the Volare at Carlisle and the son and I installed this past weekend.

Passenger side went fine.....seal just fine far as we can see.

But the drivers side....not so much.....about 6 inches along the top center of the window and then about 4 inches of the rear center edge of the glass doesn't seal. A gap that is about 1/8".

We figured that the glass may need adjusting...the door glass on my barracuda is adjustable in and out at the top so I assume so is the Volare.....and told the boy to try it..... but the boy started taking the door apart last night and got cold feet I guess.

But before I send him on a wild goose chase, does this sound like a glass adjustment issue or a bad seal?

Aspen and Volare Member jermo17's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    First thing to check is the upper corner the far edge of the window the part that forms the approx 90degree bend. When I installed mine I found my new seals were too thick in this area after about a year of sitting the gap is almost gone I will take a picture and post this weekend as you will clearly see the contact area.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jermo17 For This Useful Post:

White Aspen R/T (07-28-2016)

Aspen and Volare Member
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jermo17 View Post
    First thing to check is the upper corner the far edge of the window the part that forms the approx 90degree bend. When I installed mine I found my new seals were too thick in this area after about a year of sitting the gap is almost gone I will take a picture and post this weekend as you will clearly see the contact area.
    Not really a fix for that if it is I guess.....I emailed Metro and NOTHING yet.

Aspen and Volare Member jermo17's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I ended up having them send me another set and I had that same problem again the only thing to do is install then and roll your windows up and let them sit the more they sit the more the rubber settles and the gap disappears
    Last edited by jermo17; 08-02-2016 at 02:40 PM.