Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHAT different colors ?????

Aspen and Volare Member schotzy's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

WHAT different colors ?????

I WAS TALKING TO A GUY YESTERDAY AND HE WAS TELLING ME THAT MY SPORT PAK CAME IN DIFFERENT COLORS ....NOT JUST BLACK. IS THIS TRUE. i WALKED AWAY BEFORE I PUT MY FOOT IN MY MOUTH BUT THIS IS NOT OVER !!!!

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Was he referring to different color cars or just the stripes? my 77 parts book lists red and orange stripes, and black and white stripes , and gold stripes for the exterior view for the r/t super pak, so I would say yes the guy was possibly right unless all those colors were limited to black cars
    Last edited by 77rr2x4s; 08-07-2016 at 12:57 PM.

Aspen and Volare Member schotzy's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    He was referring to the car it self. I thought they only came in black ...now he is telling me you could get a sport pak in any color

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    76-77 was super pak 78-79 were sport pak

Aspen and Volare Senior Member DCAspen's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes there were different color cars,I've seen Black,White,Yellow,and Light Blue on Aspens.Rattletrap would probably know of any others.

United States
    Thanks
    Not sure but I think the 76 cars were Black only,and the other colors were available in 77.

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    OK.
    '76;
    A57 was anything goes with several stripe options until the A66 addition of Superpak came out in T8 black only for R/T. Excepting one known red one built for a top salesman in his district. Was for sale @ Nats last year for $9500 with a Nasty sounding 408 in it! Also I believe Kitcar Chris' old yellow Superpak with the black and white stripes may have been a '76.

'77;
    Standard color changed to TX9 Black Sunfire Met. The color books opened to A66 during the final quarter of production and you could get whatever your heart desired, if you knew about it. Seems very few knew. I've seen Road Runner Superpaks in many colors. Have only seen one Blaze Yellow '77 R/T, and the two white ones with the gold/green stripe. Off color Dodges are Exceptionally Rare.
    Point of interest, the second white one has been located, authenticated, and will be heading to it's new home very shortly. It was built before the final quarter of the year, 307. I think it may possibly be the pilot car for the stripe.

'78;
    A66 name was changed to Sportpak. These were available in T8 black again as X9 was a single year color, and W1 white. There doesn't seem to be any breakdown of production by color. This was for both Dodge and Plymouth. There are no known variations on this. Black or white, that's it. A local man's wife has been wanting me to come over and drag a white Sportpak Road Runner out of their back yard for a year. I'm still holding back, but some day that stupid thing will surely find it's way here too...

'79;
    No more A66. Program ended.

Note;
    neither the A57 or A66 was ever an in-house applied package. Every single one of these cars was sent out from the plant for stripe/ spoiler application before returning for delivery.
    Front spoilers were never installed before the dealership as they wouldn't clear the transporter ramps. They came in the trunk. Many of the A66 cars I've owned never had theirs installed at any time.
    '78 all 3 pieces of the A66 rear spoiler are different from the A67 Super Coupe package. Yes, there are two different 3pc spoilers.

That's all I know.

Volare Magnet

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rattle Trap For This Useful Post:

kent (08-09-2016)

United States
    Thanks
    Thanks Matt.

United States
    Thanks
    The shop they were all sent to was Motortown. Motortown was a coachbuilding and accessory company- they also did the Cobra II Mustang. They guy who headed it up was Jim Wangers, the "Father of the GTO". I spoke to Jim a few months ago, very interesting history and a great guy. If you look at the Cobra II you'll see the similarity between them. There are a few others cars they did, will have do check my notes.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to B5RR For This Useful Post:

Rattle Trap (08-09-2016)

Aspen and Volare Administrator White Aspen R/T's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Remember that mine was a standard R/T cloned into Super Pak minus the rear window louvers which I did myself at the dealer ship. I spoke with the original owners son last year and he confirmed it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2779.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	166.0 KB 
ID:	3090
    AspenandVolare Administrator

13. The Following User Says Thank You to White Aspen R/T For This Useful Post:

Rattle Trap (08-09-2016)