United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Yes it is.
    AspenandVolare Administrator

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Seeing this asking price point, buy-it-now, on a few of these cars lately. Is this for real? Have I missed something? I'm sure it's a nice car for being non restored. But wouldn't one expect more options for such a price? Or am I mistaken there? Wouldn't there also be an expectation that every seal, bushing, belt, hose, and even bearings would be bad or on the verge of going bad from having done practically nothing but sit around for 40yrs? That was my experience with the one I bought. Time and deterioration went on without it racking up miles.

I think for that money I would spend a little more and get something which has had considerable effort put into it being the best representation of such low miles while being completely functional. Not to mention having better options...
    https://www.aspenandvolare.com/attac...769835&thumb=1

Comments? Opinions? Nothing derogatory please. Be nice.
    Volare Magnet

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rattle Trap For This Useful Post:

White Aspen R/T (08-31-2016)

Aspen and Volare Administrator White Aspen R/T's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattle Trap View Post
    Seeing this asking price point, buy-it-now, on a few of these cars lately. Is this for real? Have I missed something? I'm sure it's a nice car for being non restored. But wouldn't one expect more options for such a price? Or am I mistaken there? Wouldn't there also be an expectation that every seal, bushing, belt, hose, and even bearings would be bad or on the verge of going bad from having done practically nothing but sit around for 40yrs? That was my experience with the one I bought. Time and deterioration went on without it racking up miles.

I think for that money I would spend a little more and get something which has had considerable effort put into it being the best representation of such low miles while being completely functional. Not to mention having better options...
    https://www.aspenandvolare.com/attac...769835&thumb=1

Comments? Opinions? Nothing derogatory please. Be nice.
    I was thinking the same. Mine has new brake lines. New brake drums, shoes and new front calipers. Too many more new things to mention and mine never went over $12,000.00 on Ebay.

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Seems to me for rubber parts and bearings and bushings, that the worst thing you can do for a car is park it for an extended period. I'd rather have a car that was driven like it was stolen for 6 months than a car that was parked and not moved for 2 years.

Aspen and Volare Senior Member 7T8 Custom's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks
    The good news is that it`s pretty well untouched. No-one is selling it as completely overhauled with a one gallon can of bondo, some duct tape, spray undercoating, and a gallon of cheap paint. You wouldn`t be fixing anyone else`s mistakes (except maybe the factory`s).

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    That's certainly a Great attraction right there! And I don't mean to pick on this particular car, but to sort of address the whole "survivor" class of cars. My concern with typical "survivors" is that lack of mileage can also be neglect due to items not needing maintenance and which make parts bad, or quickly to go bad if the vehicle ever see's actual use. Sure, they make great displays, and if you're only intent is to drive them on and off a trailer for that purpose, more power to ya! But how many times have we heard about some friend getting a little old lady car only driven a block to church on Sunday's and misjudge him as an idiot for blowing it up or because it was literally falling apart very shortly? Bearings get flat spotted from disuse. Same with water pumps, alternators, etc. Brittle brake hoses are gooey inside from contact with the fluid and collapse internally in short order of use. Brake fluid will literally suck water thru steel from condensation and rot the lines from the inside. Same with fuel lines and hoses. 40 year old rubber bushings may look good, but how much actual use does it take for their hardening to become splitting because they never moved for many years? Belts and other hoses, vacuum lines, and so much more. The ICM and voltage regulator that hasn't seen heat in forever bleeds out all over your firewall and inner fender... It's a beautiful nightmare!

I've put less than 30 miles on my 23K mile California t-top beauty. That's because after less than 10 an axle bearing started going. It took a few miles to identify and turn around to go home carefully with expectation of just about anything else being about to go also.

I know there are a few items on Eric's car that have been changed, but let's assume for the sake of argument that these cosmetic improvements were stock and use it as an example. Would we call it a "survivor" because it's a low mileage car that has been redone correctly, or would it more accurately be called a restoration? I've read of others using NOS parts to make a low miles car right and calling them survivors. So when it comes down to it, if I were in the market for such a car, I would certainly choose his example over anything being sold as "unmolested original equipment". Just for the simple fact that he's diligently addressed the items one would expect to go bad. My personal feeling is that these cars which have not received the same attention don't belong in the same price range for that reason. Yes, they are only original once. Yes, use of date code correct nos replacement parts would allow them to remain as such, but has that been done to justify their place in this price range? If not, I can only think to make significant reductions for work needed. After all it is a car, and if it appears as a museum piece there should be an accompanying log of regular maintenance indicating it remains fully functional as a car in exactly new condition. Not just visually. Not just an odometer reading on a visually appealing item which has all the usefulness of a figurine on a shelf...

Well, I guess I gave my Two Bucks, instead of my Two Cents... I welcome comment or counterpoints on it tho....
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I can only wish our cars could pull this kind of money for what that car is. The BIN is kinda dreaming in my book.

Aspen and Volare Junior Member
    United States
    Thanks
    As someone new to the Volare world is this car actually considered the Road Runner edition? I thought the Volare Road Runners all had the cosmetic/decals. A Volare without the Road Runner package is just a Volare I thought.

Aspen and Volare Administrator White Aspen R/T's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    That is not a Road Runner.