Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Original Dealer Keychain

United States
    Thanks
    Thanks to aspen79 for the info on the local dealer plates...I did not know the originals were screwed on and had rust issues, then went to stick on metal, and then plastic and eventually stickers. I'm out of town, but believe I have the plastic with fake screw holes. Rattle Trap - great background, very interesting info.

aspen79, if you ever happen to come across anything old from Ewald Mayfair let me know. I have some pictures from when the car was still in your area, a WMMC show at Quaden Motors in Nashotah, WI (2007?).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wmmc 07 quadan.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	3609

Name:	wmmc quadan 06.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	121.1 KB 
ID:	3610
    Last edited by B5RR; 12-06-2016 at 06:24 AM.

United States
    Thanks
    This is a GREAT idea, can you post up a picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Mopars1 View Post
    I bought my car new and I really don't remember if the dealers sticker was on the car or not. If it was it was taken off the day after delivery. They did not use metal plates.

United States
    Thanks
    If you have pics they would be great to see...

Quote Originally Posted by Rattle Trap View Post
    Some Dealers even used studs and pal nuts on their potmetal nameplates! I have one like that. I actually chiseled a chunk of the trunklid off to get it since the keys were long gone and I wasn't about to brave going thru the back seat of that junkyard derelict 79 New Yorker. I'm also looking for one from the local dealership for my 79. I have a few from it's original name, and from it's current name, but I don't have one to put on my car from the name it went by when my car was sold. Bob Pugh Dodge Norwalk Ohio. It was sold new there and traded in for a 4x4 the following winter and sold again off the used lot. I'm the third owner. I know it had to have one at some point because while new cars don't always get a dealer nameplate, the practice around here is that every used car gets one from whoever sells it the next time. So you can never count on one of these plates to indicate an original dealership around here unless you know the history of the car. Sorry for kinda making this about my situation, but I thought that last part was worth mentioning and required the whole story.

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77superpak's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    2007 would be about the right time frame. That event is hosted by the Wisconsin Mopar Muscle Club, which I'm a member of, and is about 10 minutes from me. I'll keep you in mind too if I see anything pop up in the area. They usually get around 125 cars at that show and 200+ for the summer show at another area dealership.

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I remember when the local new car dealers went from screw on nameplates to stick on metal. Then they went to stick on plastic that looked like metal . Then to the decals. Honestly, I never would leave a dealer nameplate on my car as I always thought they took away something from a car. To this day I won`t ever use a bumper sticker or decal (except factory applied) anywhere on any of my cars. It was always the first thing I removed when I bought a new car or even a used car. I was actually happy when they went to stick on name plates knowing they didn`t drill holes in the metal.

Aspen and Volare Senior Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by B5RR View Post
    This is a GREAT idea, can you post up a picture?
    My computer crashed and I have to wait until a new one is built before I can do any picture downloading.
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab 4WD
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport
    2017 Dodge Challenger R/T

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Last time I got a car from a dealer the final negotiation involved "...either you pay me $2/mo. to have your dealer name advertised on my car, or you remove all the dealer crap before I sign anything." I bet you can guess that I didn't make any money on that deal. But I did get a nice clean car.

Aspen and Volare Member VolareDave's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    That is one beautiful Road Runner.I wish mine was trophy worthy

United States
    Thanks
    In addition to the keychain, I was able to locate a mid 70s matchbook and deck of cards from the dealership the car was sold at.

Name:	CE7A789A-6C05-45AF-B5E5-449A1B34AFFD.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	5496

Quote Originally Posted by B5RR View Post
    Took some time, but finally found an original dealer keychain. Attachment 3562

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Cool Deal! It`s amazing the stuff that is still out there.