Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768

Thread: Aspen off season projects

Aspen and Volare Super Member Stalkervette's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Late to the party but I only use Gorilla Automotive Products Nuts on my cars, definitely worth the extra money. All the cheap Chinese lug nuts the chrome pops off after a year or so.

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    It was a toss up between Gorilla and McGard, both made in the USA. Summit had McGard in stock so I went with them. Gorilla said "out of stock" with an estimated ship date of Jan 27th 2021 (IIRC), not that I was in a big hurry though, spring (not calendar spring but spring weather "spring") is at least 4 months away yet.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

United States
    Thanks
    Well,,,,,,,,,,,,the lug nuts for the 'Stang came yesterday and they look like crap, and that's being nice. The McGard ones I put on the Aspen were flawless. These look like if you let the nuts rust bad, sandblasted them, then plated over the pits. So, sent them back and now have a set of Gorilla lug nuts coming. How can the 3/4" hex size set be perfect and the 13/16" ones from the same company be absolutely horrible? I mean I wouldn't even put them on my old winter daily driver Dakota (if it used chrome nuts).
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Racing to the bottom.

Aspen and Volare Super Member Stalkervette's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I went out to check out my wheels to see how they are doing (you will not get me to say I just checked my nuts, nope, won't do it ).

They are still pristine. They should hold up to an impact, within limits of course. But I hand tighten mine for fear of popping the chrome off.

United States
    Thanks
    I'm not too proud to say I checked my nuts and they're still fine, lol. Just remember, checking them more than once a day is called playing with them.

An Aspen winter project is changing the a/f sensor, which I'm going to do today. Way back when, I ordered one but it was the wrong one. Sent it back to Summit to exchange but they gave a refund instead. Couple weeks ago I order the CORRECT one. Not sure if it'll fix the gauge but we'll see. It always reads 13.5 to 14.5 or so, no matter what. It isn't that important anymore, since the tuning has been long since done but it's there and may as well work. If it suddenly starts showing over rich or over lean, it's a good indication something needs attention that may not have caused any driveability issues to get your attention. Kind of like a primitive check engine light.