Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Aspen off season projects

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Ok, I see the shims can still be gotten. mopar part 4014352 and 4014353. There are some on ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Genuine...wAAOxyg6BR1sck
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-Mop...8AAOxyBjBTSElx
    Last edited by 77rr2x4s; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:20 AM.

Aspen and Volare Senior Member F body deconstructor Jim's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    3/16" x 1-3/8" bar stock

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4234.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	6129

only set ive ever seen on about 40 cars parted.
    jimsazparts.com

3. The Following User Says Thank You to F body deconstructor Jim For This Useful Post:

Rattle Trap (4 Weeks Ago)

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    For what they want on ebay for them, think I'll make my own. A pair of the long ones at $26/each and a pair of the short ones at $15/ea would be $82 which seems a bit proud for what they are. Why yes, I am a cheapskate
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

United States
    Thanks
    I understand they weren`t cheap but it was just a example that they are out there. It may be worth it to do a search or buy Jim`s set. Just don`t rely on the ones I posted as it was a quick search. Just trying to help.

Aspen and Volare Senior Member F body deconstructor Jim's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aspen79 View Post
    For what they want on ebay for them, think I'll make my own. A pair of the long ones at $26/each and a pair of the short ones at $15/ea would be $82 which seems a bit proud for what they are. Why yes, I am a cheapskate
    Not a cheapskate at all.
    Monetairy efficiency is a good thing!

$82 for a set of four is a bit of an ouch.
    For $2 in 3/16" steel, 4 cuts, 8 holes and 16 noched corners.
    The flat bar adds some dimensional stability/ridgigity that using washers alone wouldnt.
    jimsazparts.com

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks everyone. I'll be able to make my own as well if I end up needing them.

My automatic left curve switch seems to have failed, and this might be what it takes since the tires look right.

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    That's crazy money for them. I can't think of what I've done with the few I've found over the years. I know they've come in handy in other applications where I needed a piece of steel with holes in the ends. If I had to, I bet I could come up with the box of long ones from the crate of suspension bolts. Maybe. Lol!

Yes, I had to restrict my access to them to quit using them on random dumb stuff.
    Last edited by Rattle Trap; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:32 AM.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by F body deconstructor Jim View Post
    Not a cheapskate at all.
    Monetairy efficiency is a good thing!

$82 for a set of four is a bit of an ouch.
    For $2 in 3/16" steel, 4 cuts, 8 holes and 16 noched corners.
    The flat bar adds some dimensional stability/ridgigity that using washers alone wouldnt.
    I was just being goofy. Not really a cheapskate, more like financially responsible

On the way home tonight, my mind drifted into thinking about the brake problem and the hard pull to the right. Since it's had a slight pull when braking for a long time (probably since I built the car) and now is much worse with higher friction pads, I had a thought,,,,,,,,,,LOOK OUT. When I was bedding in the new pads, I noticed the pedal seemed a bit soft and I wonder.....................Could there be air trapped in the left caliper? It could explain a braking pull. Before I do anything else and I can't drive the car anymore this year, I'm going to try bleeding that side and see if any air comes out. Maybe I'll get lucky and it's a simple as that. Guess I'll find out.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

United States
    Thanks
    Just wondering. Wouldn`t the air bubble worked it`s way out by now. Maybe the caliper piston is sticking or hanging up?

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Wife almost ditched our Doba this spring because of that. Right front engages before left. Sloppy steering box makes correction slower if you aren't prepared and I forgot to remind her. Oops. I need to learn to rebuild them. There will come a day when they're no longer available. How hard can it be? It's got to just be a tiny burr of rust on a piston from not bleeding them regularly in mistake of assuming a sealed system doesn't self contaminate, while brake fluid attracts moisture.
    Volare Magnet