Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Thread: Aspen off season projects

Aspen and Volare Super Member Stalkervette's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    The billet cap for the fuel cell arrived - I'll try to get it installed tomorrow.

The quality of the piece from China FAR exceeded my expectations, I'll post some pictures after I get it done.

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, now that the sewer pipes are open again (kind of took up good portion of the day and a good portion of my checkbook too, lol),,,,,,,,,,maybe tomorrow I'll get some more done on the trunk, indoors, where it's warm (as opposed to outside when it's 10 degrees). Damn pipes, damn roots, damn ice, damn broken pipe where the roots got in that'll have to wait for spring to be replaced...........grrrrrrrrrrrr. The father/son sewer service was great though and they're also car guys to boot!
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

United States
    Thanks
    Got a little farther in the luggage compartment. Spent most of the time planning, thinking and figuring. Decided to ditch the plastic hinge covers and build panel board ones that go all the way to rear seat and then, make a panel to go under the package tray and also one for the back of the rear seat area. The side pieces will support the pkg tray panel on the sides and maybe Velcro in the center. That part, I haven't totally finalized yet.

I'm leaving the underside of the deck lid until last. That one could be a head scratcher.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00196.jpg  
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

United States
    Thanks
    Looking good!

I'm still looking for the "hinge covers." I wonder if another platform had them, like the Cordoba or Fifth Avenue?

Aspen and Volare Senior Member DCAspen's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    M-Bodies had them,they were made out of heavy duty cardboard.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DCAspen For This Useful Post:

Stalkervette (1 Week Ago)

United States
    Thanks
    Thanks - by chance would you know the proper name for them?

United States
    Thanks
    Now that we seem to be past the spend every spare minute dealing with the stupid snow that just wouldn't quit, every bleeping day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hope to get more done on the off-season luggage compartment project this weekend.

I searched around in the '79 parts catalog and couldn't find where they show the M-body hinge covers. Possibly there was no such thing until a later year(?) or it's in there, I just couldn't find the right page.

United States
    Thanks
    Got up at 5am this morning all raring to go (for some odd reason), did this and that, just after 7am went to the bank and grocery, did some detail clean up on the driveway, vacuumed the carpets and then,,,,,,,,,,,,about 10am all semblance of energy vanished just like that. Like flipping a switch. Guess I hit that "wall". So, didn't get a darn thing done on the car. Maybe tomorrow will work out better.

United States
    Thanks
    I had the same kind of morning - church, Harbor Freight then I was ready for a nap!

To cold out to do anything with the cars anyway...…...

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I also did nothing today. I'm beat from spending all day saturday pulling a rear end from the junk yard and putting it in a friend's Crown Vic. Probably we should have used more tools and less muscle.