Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Aspen off season projects

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    NICE! The sun only shines here while I'm away at work. It's foggy with mist again today and the roads aren't even considering drying out. I think I'll go to the Eastwood store about an hour away. They're having a TIG welder sale this weekend. I've been putting that off for way too long. Gota have one.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Aspen79, can you post the part numbers of those shocks so I make sure i get the same ones. I like that they came black and not some goofy color.

United States
    Thanks
    Mopar show tomorrow that appears to be a washout. Same as last year. Almost every show every weekend had rain last year.

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Sounds about the same as here last year, and the year before, and the year before.............It'd might be nice the whole week EXCEPT the day of the show or cruise, then it would rain bi time. The very next day, clear and sunny. Then again, there's a distinct lack of car shows and cruises in the area to begin with, for whatever reason.

They're Monroe OESpectrum p/n's 5837 and 5829. It was nice to not have to paint them. Seems so many come yellow, bright blue, green, red, or white (like the KYB's). Shocks are supposed to be black
    Last edited by aspen79; 05-04-2019 at 11:30 AM.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

United States
    Thanks
    Our area has more car shows then one person could possibly go to. It seems like every business has one to draw in customers. I like the mopar shows the best but they are harder to come by. F bodies get almost no respect at all makes car shows. Especially by the chevy guys.

Aspen and Volare Senior Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 77rr2x4s View Post
    Our area has more car shows then one person could possibly go to. It seems like every business has one to draw in customers. I like the mopar shows the best but they are harder to come by. F bodies get almost no respect at all makes car shows. Especially by the chevy guys.
    Ditto in my area as far as the amount of car shows and cruises. The group I travel with will drive up to an hour to quite a few. As far as the no respect part I have had comments about my car from everybody and have had 50 people looking at the car and talking about it at each show this year. As the car has been out starting last year more and more people remember it and tell their friends about it. Really it is amazing to me the way they have responded this year. Last year at five judged car shows I have received an award in four out of the five but may have even scored in the fifth one because I had never been in a judged show before and didn't clean the car very well and didn't know to have the trunk open. We will go to as many as five shows/cruises a weekend.
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab 4WD
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport
    2017 Dodge Challenger R/T

United States
    Thanks
    I have found the opposite. Occasionally someone would say nice things about my F bodies but most chevy guys snub their nose. It is a large click among the groups of friends and chevy owners and they will vote for each others cars. Also the GM cars around here out number the mopars 10 to 1. Unless you are in the group or have lots of friends there then you won`t get votes. IMO, It really has nothing to do with how nice your car is. Thats why i like the mopar shows better.
    Last edited by 77rr2x4s; 05-05-2019 at 11:12 AM.

Aspen and Volare Senior Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I guess I am lucky. I have quite a few friends with nice older cars and they are Mopars, Chevrolets, Fords, whatever and I work on a lot of them. We all go together when possible and my friends have other friends from surrounding towns and they have Mopars, Chevrolets, Fords, etc and we all get along nicely. If we go to a show that the vehicle owners and the people that come to see the cars can vote for the ones they like the best plus one or two more we vote for the others cars for the second and third choice so we all help out as we can.
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab 4WD
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport
    2017 Dodge Challenger R/T

United States
    Thanks
    It`s not that I don`t like other makes and models, I do. It is just the politics of it all. I just go to have a good time now. I`m not worried about winning since I caught on to the games that are played. Some shows are run fairly but most not so much. One year my very nice Charger I owned at the time lost out to a rusty GM station wagon. BTW, My best friend has a Corvette and he mentioned to me how you have to be in the click to win. One show I was at last year I heard the guy next to me asking the person running the show that he would take the people`s choice ballets and hand them out for them. The person running the show declined. It just makes me think is a trophy even worth getting if you have to cheat for it.
    Last edited by 77rr2x4s; 05-05-2019 at 03:42 PM.

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    My car shows of choice are just that, a show. No judging, no awards, just a bunch of car people having a good time, regardless of what make or model you have. I've never had my car in a show in it's present form. Reason, every one I was planning on going to,,,,,,,,,,,got rained out. More than once, a show that got rained out that had a rain date, it got rained out on the rain day also. Sigh..................................Want to guarantee a day that it'll rain? Schedule a car show or cruise and it WILL rain. If it starts at noon, it'll be clear and sunny until 11am and then a deluge will begin that lasts the rest of the day. I'm not really joking about any of that very much either.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver