Page 52 of 69 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Aspen off season projects

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Here's the good giggle from this car. Count those suckers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200224_165617.jpg  
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Member Stalkervette's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I was looking at the lights on the mud flap

Aspen and Volare Super Member Stalkervette's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Spring will be here soon, get anything done in the trunk?

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Why did they put springs from a one-ton truck on an F-body??? That thing must have rode worse than a lumber wagon.

Spring will be here in about 15 days according to the calendar but car season is still most likely at least a couple months away yet, up here in the great white north.

I haven't even so much as opened the trunk yet. Soon though, maybe this weekend.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

United States
    Thanks
    Why did they put springs from a one-ton truck on an F-body??? That thing must have rode worse than a lumber wagon.

Spring will be here in about 15 days according to the calendar but car season is still most likely at least a couple months away yet, up here in the great white north.

I haven't even so much as opened the trunk yet. Soon though, maybe this weekend.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, I've figured out that those 9 leaves will fit Perfectly in the box, if I just make up the steel bushings to mate with the centering pins. Then it's all tight like it should be, and ready to go under BoB! Cuz we're guna have a little CAM-T FUN there this year! Cop K with FFI Bars, Cop say bars, sub connectors that I didn't mind hacking a virgin floor pan for, torque boxes, oh Yeaaaah!!! Oh. And let's not forget 2 spare engines and a trans. Cuz I'm guna flog this thing like a redheaded stepchild til I developed something simulating talent!
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Refering to the resonator deal from another thread. Isn't much but I got the car up on stands and the location for the resonators marked on the pipes. Plan on getting a new metal cutting blade for the recip saw tomorrow so I can actually cut the pipe. No way I'm laying under there and using a hack saw! For one, my arms would never take it and two, the pipe isn't exactly el-cheapo thin walled stuff. Work smarter, not harder right?

Along with 2 more of the band clamps (the correct ones I need, not the butt joint ones I have on the shelf), ordered a new wide-band sensor for the A/F gauge. Hoping that's the problem with it. It almost always read 13.8, except with a quick throttle opening, then it goes to 17, which makes no sense. Otherwise, it's 13.8 (+/- a couple tenths) regardless of speed, load or rpm. It stopped working last summer and I just ignored it. Now it bothers me so, might as well fix it. LOL, "might as well". Those 3 words always spell trouble.

Aspen and Volare Super Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    My wide band sensor/gauge bounces around somewhat showing me what my foot is doing on the throttle and also I can automatically see the change in barometric pressure in the reading from day to day.
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab 4WD
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport
    2017 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack

United States
    Thanks
    My A/F gauge USED to do that. I noticed the change from day to day as well, even morning to afternoon when I drive the Aspen to work.

United States
    Thanks
    Got the Vibrant bottle style resonators installed this afternoon. Laying under the car, cutting the pipe with the recip saw wasn't fun. Apparently I'm not 25 years old anymore.

Couldn't take the car down the road because of the off and on rain today BUT, I opened the garage door to run it a short while. Idle is a little quieter and actually sounds deeper than before. When hitting the throttle, the really big difference is noticed. The crack/rap type exhaust note is almost nonexistent, exactly what I was after.

A snafu with the A/F sensor,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I ordered the wrong one. Harness is twice as long but more importantly, the connector and terminals are totally different. Going to get in touch with Summit and see if I can exchange it for (hopefully) the correct one. I'm sure it shouldn't be a problem though.

Looking at the photo, it reminded me I have to figure out how to dispose of my old MIG welder (unit near the RF tire). Come to think of it, there's a lot of things (i.e. crap, junk, scrap, broken, unusable, shot) I need to clear out of the garage.....................................lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00436.jpg  
    Last edited by aspen79; 05-10-2020 at 02:26 PM.