Page 65 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: Aspen off season projects

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm not getting very far in the garage cleaning deal. Everytime I go out there, I work at it for a few minutes and then somehow, always end up doing something on either the Aspen or Mustang, or both, without even realizing it. Darnit...............
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

United States
    Thanks
    Not much done here either. I did change the oil in the snow blower and put fresh gas in it today. It started fairly easy. Getting ready for the big snow on Wednesday. BTW, what would cause the engine oil dipstick to turn black just on the part where it sits in the engine oil?

United States
    Thanks
    It doesn't help when I leave FOR work in the dark around 6:45am and then drive HOME in the dark at 4:30pm. By the time I get home at 5, get some dinner and stuff, it's 6pm and seems like it's really late and the energy and ambition levels are lacking. Strange how big a difference day light makes. In summer when it doesn't get dark until after 9pm, I'm all set to go after dinner.

I got my K&N air filter today so that gives a little ambition, lol! Now,,,,,,,,the filter top should fit. Not an Aspen thing but, got replacement lug nuts for the Mustang in the same Summit order. The originals are looking worn and beat up. It's one of those things a lot of people wouldn't worry about (or even notice) but it bugs the hell out me
    Last edited by aspen79; 12-16-2020 at 06:42 PM.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Personally, I think we should go on Daylight time and just stay there forever. No more of this dark an hour early in the winter. No more adjusting to that weird reality for a week or two every fall. Just leave it alone at the longer evening light forever. Our president could have done that by EO I bet. Then all the haters would have had to hear it was "his time" all winter every year. So even with extra daylight after work they could still be as miserable as usual. Lol!
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    That wouldn't make much of a difference this time of year. It just STARTS getting light about 7am and is basically dark again at 4:30 and pitch black by 5pm.

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    But an extra hour of light after work would sure help a lot of people's mental conditions in the winter. Plenty of people out there taking medicine, or self medicating, for Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Maybe it would help, but not much. Today the sunrise was 7:34am and sunset was 4:12pm so for a good majority of people, it's still going to be dark by the time they get home. On the other side of it, it'd be dark until almost 9am (with an 8:34am sunrise).

That said, I agree with you that the time should be set at the daylight saving time and leave it alone. Some say "but then kids will have to wait for the bus or walk to school in the dark". I say, they do even with standard time. At least those that ride the bus anyways. I see them every morning on the way to work, and if I leave a few minutes later than usual, I always end up getting stuck behind at least one bus!

I'm going to talk myself into getting some actual cleaning progress done this evening. We'll see how successful I am, lol.

I got all the K&N stuff put on the car last evening. I think looks better somehow, vs the chrome air cleaner and white filter. Seems to match the engine and car now. Maybe it's just me..............I'll post a before and after this evening for opinions.

United States
    Thanks
    DST may hopefully change next year. 32 states has signed on to trying to change it.

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    We don't screw with the clock here in AZ. It gets dark right after I get home, but the drive is still fairly light. The ONLY down side to our way is that there is a separate timezone in the computer just for us. Not much of a down side.

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I've seen several bills were introduced in several states, but I'm not sure on all of them if they're to eliminate summer time, which is actually DST, or get rid of the winter regular time? All for summer time year round! And no snow or salted roads too!
    Volare Magnet