Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sport Wagon

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DCAspen View Post
    Very Rare Find............1 of 353
    That does make things difficult as a semi purist. I want more comfortable seats, more power, and HD suspension. But when considering there were 353 total in four different colors, and with three different engine options, two wheel choices, interior colors and other options... it's totally not a Super Coupe kinda thing with a large homogeneous base package. Makes me feel guilty having ideas to make it more than its ever been.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Senior Member DCAspen's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Redo it stock,I wonder how many are left out there?Not many I'm sure,I guess its really not that rare considering Chrysler only made 265 Aspen Sport Wagons in 79.Even less in 1980,only 87 Plymouths and 54 Dodges,Still very rare and cool.

Aspen and Volare Senior Member DCAspen's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Use that 81 woody wagon to do a custom project.

United States
    Thanks
    I'm only thinking Light Modification to enjoy it to it's potential. Give it my 79 E58 and the 500 OD trans built by David Lovell, with 3.71 gears. Firm Feel bars, Tubular uppers and reinforced lowers, poly everything, big billet sleeves, and my six leaf rear springs which were all ready to go into the Super Coupe. My F-body Reese hitch finally finds a home... The 79 highbacks restitched in factory tan pattern with lumbar and heat added. Rear shoulder harnesses. Aside from the better support from highbacks it should be visually stock aside from rear safety consideration. I don't think that's taking things too far but I still feel oddly guilty about the mere idea of it. Like you point out tho, it's the most common of any Sport Wagon made, a 79 Volare. And it's in the second most common color for the year from what others have told me.

The '81 has always been going to be a full custom job from when I bought it. But it's a back burner kind of thing while I raise kids and push other cars thru. Like the Sunrise that might actually finally make it to paint this month after a whole damn year of taking up space in my shop. My ten year old son sure loves driving that 81 tho. So I have a feeling all my custom ideas there will be made for him when the time comes. Kid is a better driver than I was at his age! If he could, he's ready for his drivers test actually. He yard mule's that thing like it's his Road Runner gokart. Thru obstacles while pushing or pulling. High and low close quarters maneuvering with real skill. Picking his angles of approach wisely. And never slams a bumper. Tappy Tap, go! And we just won't talk about any actual road skills.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Member Badvert65's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Enjoy it. F wagons are a perfect size. Mine was my work wagon. Good times...
    I was in the process of making a 'Super-Duper Coup'. I miss that car.
    Sigh... Modify it, drive it, have fun with it.

United States
    Thanks
    I remember your old wagon and am frankly a little shocked you haven't gotten another yet! I saw the blue /6 4-spd was sold again recently. Still just needed that rail fixed and minor floor surgery. I've seen a bunch on CL over the past several months. Just gota figure about $1.50 per mile tacked onto their cost for delivery.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Member Badvert65's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I almost had a 77 wagon on two separate occasions. Both cases, someone got there before me. I have seen a couple more but they were standard trans and I prefer an automatic. Also prefer a slant six but I am not too picky about that. I have my eye on another 79 wagon but it has near 200K miles on it, I'm hoping to find something with a little less miles.
    I keep looking, something will surface. I got everything but the shell from my old wagon so I am ready for another long roof.