Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dodge Demon

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks

Dodge Demon

Who ever thought a car like this would be built, by anyone, today? A car that comes from the factory with drag radials, line lock and a trans brake, can pull the front tires on launch and run in the 9's right out of the box and it's street legal! It's like Dodge is giving the finger to the tree huggers, hybrids and government. The videos give me goosebumps. Only Mopar would dare to build this car. Love how they call it "Demon", kind of giving the finger to a different group. Same one that had fits with the original Demon. I love it!

1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Senior Member 7T8 Custom's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks
    I have already seen all of the videos. Awesome car. Sadly it will probably not be legal for in Canada and if it is will be WAY out of my price range. Hopefully they are not bought by people with more money than brains. Real easy to kill yourself and anything else that happens to be in way with a car like that if you drive it on the street like an ass-clown.

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator 80 Aspen RT's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I believe I read that 300 were staying in Canada.
    A couple weeks ago my wife's classmate let us take his Hellcat out for a drive. Man what a car, driving 60mph and step on it and it throws you back in the seat and then you look at the speedometer and it was 115mph instantly!!
    I can only imagine what a Demon would be like!

United States
    Thanks
    We had a Hellcat Challenger in the shop yesterday at work, with 5,100 miles on it. What was it there for? A pair of tires. Apparently the rear tires wear really quick on those cars, lol. They looked more like cheater slicks. Fronts seem to hold up much better, they looked like new yet.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

Aspen and Volare Junior Member volarerob's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Love how they call it "Demon", kind of giving the finger to a different group. Same one that had fits with the original Demon. I love it!
    just because I go to church doesn't mean I wouldn't drive/ride a Demon to get there...lol

back in 1992 a family friend went off to Germany (Air Force) and he left me his 1972 340 Demon to drive. I was 16 and needed a car to drive and he said "hey I have this "old dodge", I hate to have it just sit." No joke his words were "if you wreck it just make sure to get the engine back I don't really care about the car...." My plan was to paint it red and black with flames and put "Screamin Demon" down each side around the bottom of the doors and then drive it to church every Sunday...lol I never did get to drive it much (trany problems), only a few times & then I bought my Volare. It sat at my parents house for about 10 years I tried several time to buy it from him but the whole Mopar craze happened and he then suddenly cared about it for what it was.

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I`m not so sure they were giving the middle finger to anyone. In todays society the Demon name doesn`t have quite the same impact as it did the past . Also the emissions from that car are probably still cleaner then any car from the 70`s. Don`t get me wrong I am glad they are producing cars like the Demon even though I could never afford one.
    Last edited by 77rr2x4s; 07-09-2017 at 08:38 AM.

United States
    Thanks
    Maybe giving the finger is the wrong way say it but you understand what I'm getting at. What other company would build a car like the Demon? Only Dodge has the "guts" to do it. Mopar is only a fragment of what it once was but they still put out awesome cars every so often. Go back to the Daytona and Superbird. Can you imagine GM or even Ford building such a thing? No. OK, the wing cars aren't technically factory built cars, being built off site at a vendor but still.............Talking about the Demon, the Chevy guy always bring up the Camaro with 1,000 horsepower. Not factory built. A complete car gets shipped to Hennessy or where ever and then gets torn down and modified with aftermarket parts. Mustang? Same again. Ship it to Rousch where the tear it down and do the same thing. The Demon is built in house and I think that is so cool!

United States
    Thanks
    I read that last month the Challenger out sold the Camaro and Mustang for the first time.

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator 80 Aspen RT's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 77rr2x4s View Post
    I read that last month the Challenger out sold the Camaro and Mustang for the first time.
    Really? Thats way cool!!

United States
    Thanks