Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Time to whip it out

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Candy Corn has been washed with water 3X and caught in the rain 3X during our ownership. Pretty much it's been about every other year, and while we dont like getting her wet, rain is totally different from a gentle washing.
    First rain revealed the bad windshield seal at top and led to the gold tint 79 windshield going in. 2nd time showed where the T-top seal replacement needed improvement. Last time was an hour on the interstate coming back from Carlisle and we stayed dry. But as I pulled up to the rest stop pumps an hour after that she spit a single droplet on my leg. I think just to let me know about that displeasure of having been rained on again.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    It`s probably me just being anal but I feel it needs at least one wash a year to get it really clean. I wash it carefully though and try to keep water out of certain areas.

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I tell you, the whipping it out opportunities really sucked this year. Hoping there are at least a few left before it all goes to crap. Took the Aspen to work last week (Wednesday it might have been???), the only day it either wasn't raining when I left for work, or didn't have rain in the forecast for some point in the day. I'll give you one guess what it's doing outside right now. Did you guess raining? You win the prize! Actually, we had a big time thunderstorm a couple hours ago.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver