Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: Time to whip it out

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    It's really got to be tough not having a car scene.

Northern Ohio has a show seemingly every day of the week. If you were retired and willing to travel about an hour from home on any particular day you can hit different shows each day on different weeks. A lot of clubs do that here. Once a month on different weeks usually, our hometown Tuesday on the town square show will be visited by throngs of Corvettes, or Mustangs, or Rat Rods, or a selection of cars driven by a group of friends that travel together. I don't think I've ever seen less than 80 cars at our hometown show, even for it being on a Tuesday. And when the weather is perfect it's come close to 200.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Mama and I took our youngest to a pool party today then visited the guy I sold the yellow RR to a couple towns over and see more of his collection at another of his spots. I think the RR having over 50K is the highest mileage car he has. But it's not his anymore anyhow. He said that when we left from delivering it just after his daughter showed up, she asked for the keys. He thought she was going to move it in the driveway but instead she just left him there with her boyfriend. Then called later to let him know it was in the garage they keep her cars in! LOL! But he did get to take it to the Cruise two more towns further away last night. When we left, we brought the scenic route home. Stopped at Tracy's Treats for ice-cream although we could have gotten a pretty good dinner as easily. It's at a nowhere stopsign at Ohio 113 & 99 called North Monroeville. They attract plenty of travelers who've found it as well as locals. Then hit Lameraux Rd to cross the Huron River at Blue Bridge. An old wood decked steel frame in a small canyon. A couple twists and turns later, down Lovers Lane to cross the river again over a newer bridge even closer to home made for a really good afternoon of nice September mid 70's weather. But we didn't pull the tops today. Just enjoyed the drive.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210919_170151.jpg   20210919_170222.jpg  
    Last edited by Rattle Trap; 09-19-2021 at 06:31 PM.
    Volare Magnet

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rattle Trap For This Useful Post:

doublechaz (09-20-2021)

Aspen and Volare Super Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Nice! We don't have any bridges like that one anymore. They all went by the wayside many years ago. Lost time you can't get back.
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab 4WD
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport
    2017 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I WILLwhip it out tomorrow. The Aspen is taking me to work no matter what. Going to be nothing but sunshine with a high of 80 degrees. This is ridiculous, don't think I've put 100 miles on this year yet. Need to at least burn one tank of fuel so I can fill it with fresh stuff before putting it to sleep for the winter,,,,,,,,,,again. Of course, a tank of fuel is like 150 miles so there shouldn't be a problem using it all, unfortunately, LOL. Now that the Charger is at the body shop, it's one less car I need to move to actually get the Aspen out, which will make it much easier to do the whipping out.
    Last edited by aspen79; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:45 PM.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

United States
    Thanks
    My Aspen went to Springfield IL to a very large show Friday morning. Back home Friday evening. Up very early Saturday and back to Springfield for the judging day. Back home late Saturday night. I didn't write the mileage down but it is over an hour drive to that city so it has to be 85 miles so the car went around 340 miles.
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Stuck close to home for the remainder of the season. Front end is beat. Don't want to risk distances or speeds. Just putting around locally. Not a kid anymore where I'd put another 10K on like that. So our whole season has been barely more than David's weekend. But there's something to be said about putting along just enjoying the local area too.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    I usually average at least 2000 miles a year, some years 3000.
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, I added another 15 miles this morning, on the way to work. Another 15 home and that'll be 30 miles more than I had.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    It sounds like one of us needs to learn how to clean up and rebuild the TB to LCA bushings, make a jig and pour the poly.

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    That would be a help for sure. Not really sure what happened with the reproductions. I've got some that won't work too. But the issues I'm into are basically, Everywhere else as well. With only mid 50's K recently out of long term storage when we got it there wasn't a problem. But of course all that old rubber hasn't faired very well since then with driving it again. I'm thinking about going with 2" dropped spindles so I can crank the bars up and still stay low while I'm at it too.
    Volare Magnet