Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Time to whip it out

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    That's a good idea. First though, I'll need to get a porch................lol
    I've probably put about 150 miles on the car in the past month. It would be more except the weather is so sporadic with rain or some sort so often. When the forecast says "sunny and high of 74, becoming cloudy with a chance of showers in the afternoon", don't want to take it to work.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Man, I will just pull our babies outside and set em in the yard together for a few hours all the time even if we aren't going anywhere. Sometimes we show off and line em up out front, but other times out back just for the family. Our own little car show. Just for us to sit around on lawn chairs and make a meal, relax, and enjoy. Maybe leave them out all night even and watch the fire light play across them as a background that a camera couldn't catch and a memory that can't be replaced.
    Volare Magnet

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rattle Trap For This Useful Post:

doublechaz (09-05-2019)

United States
    Thanks
    Not much whipping out the past couple weeks, meaning no whipping out at all. It wants to rain at some point every single bleeping day again so there's no taking the car to work. What about the weekend you ask? Well, this weekend it rained most of the day yesterday and today isn't a whole lot different. It didn't rain constantly or even hard but every hour or so,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sprinkle, sprinkle, drizzle for 15-20 minutes and then stop. Lather, rinse repeat, over and over. This coming week,,,,,,,,,,,I don't see a whole lot of hope for any whipping out still, at least when it comes to the Aspen, lol.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

United States
    Thanks
    Awe cmon Guys! We saw rain on the radar and took a chance Saturday anyhow. Went to Plymouth Ohio''s 6th annual. Does every state have a Plymouth? It was our first time back since the Innaugural because of rain and other obligations. Great park, great food, great people. Really enjoy that show! We hit several wet sections of road but no rain. Others weren't so lucky but made it also and it didn't rain there for the 3hrs we stayed before heading out after lunch. I had to get up to Michigan. Didn't know what I was buying but knew it was interesting and priced right. Turned out better than hoped for. A newer Predator 212 engine on an old FW Truck cart chassis! Then I met up with my wife at another show she'd gone to with Candy Corn. Sunday we went to the 28th Annual Clyde Grand Prix and street fair for lunch and show. Been to every one. Lots more Mopars there and good food! They even had a vintage cart class in the racing. Didn't get wet again. HOT out and the rain never came til they were done. Another great weekend!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190923_162250-1.jpg   20190921_111600.jpg   20190922_125230.jpg   20190922_124010.jpg   20190922_135554.jpg  
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77superpak's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    There is a Plymouth, WI

United States
    Thanks
    Wouldn't it be cool if Plymouth WI was in Dodge county?

United States
    Thanks
    I've either been to or seen road signs for a town named "Plymouth" while driving through PA, OH, IN, MI, WI, and IA. Probably other states too and just don't remember offhand. According to Candy Corn the Plymouth in Ohio is only 28 miles away. But she lies. Lol! I should really put the right speedo gear in some day.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Plymouth - Wisconsin - America
    Plymouth - West Virginia - America
    Plymouth - Washington - America
    Plymouth - Virginia - America
    Plymouth - Vermont - America
    Plymouth - Utah - America
    Plymouth - Pennsylvania - America
    Plymouth - Ohio - America
    Plymouth - North Carolina - America
    Plymouth - New York - America
    Plymouth - New Hampshire - America
    Plymouth - Nebraska - America
    Plymouth - Missouri - America
    Plymouth - Minnesota - America
    Plymouth - Michigan - America
    Plymouth - Massachusetts - America
    Plymouth - Maine - America
    Plymouth - Kansas - America
    Plymouth - Iowa - America
    Plymouth - Indiana - America
    Plymouth - Illinois - America
    Plymouth - Florida - America
    Plymouth - Delaware - America
    Plymouth - Connecticut - America
    Plymouth - California - America

United States
    Thanks
    At long last,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,looks like tomorrow the Aspen can come out of hiding, at least for one day. Nothing but sunshine for tomorrow(!!!!!!!!!!). Take your car to work day Thursday. Didn't say it'll be warm (low 43, high 64) but at least it WON'T BE FRIGGING RAINING FOR ONCE and the heater works excellent. Then it can go back into hiding when the rain returns Thursday night. Gotta take advantage when you can.

United States
    Thanks
    Being a man of my word,,,,,,,whipped it out today for a nice drive to and from work. Now, back in the garage until who knows. Rain, rain, rain, and more rain in the forecast.