I agree.
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab 4WD
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport
    2017 Dodge Challenger R/T

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Since it's actually NOT raining for once, took the Aspen out this morning. Went and filled it up with new fuel. Last time I filled it up was last October so, 8 gallons of fresh mixed with the 10 gallons of old, which has stabilizer in it. Stopped at the grocery and since it was still early and the freeway traffic was pretty light, made a loop and took it the 2 miles to "my interchange". Discovered one thing, I need to open the secondaries more often. First time down the ramp at WFO, spit, sputter, cough. It's fine now though. Must be the gas in the secondary bowl had been in there too long. Normal driving, there's never any need, or opportunity, to even go to half throttle. Well, there is a NEED but it's not necessary, if you know what I'm getting at.

For some reason, there's an annoying rattle inside the right door all of a sudden. Guess I'll have to investigate and see what decided to come loose. A couple weeks ago when I had the car out, no rattles. This morning, rattle. Must be gnome's in the garage messing with stuff at night.

Still way behind so far this year. Grand total so far is a whopping 12 miles. Sad....................
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I have to go on a rattle search also. Rattles annoy me immensely.

United States
    Thanks
    Same here on the rattles. It isn't so much the ones that only happen on big bumps, it's the one's (like in the door) that "clunk, clunk, clunk" over any tiny crack in the road that'll drive me insane(r). It's almost constant. It's just weird how the rattle came about even though the car was just sitting in the garage the past couple weeks.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

Aspen and Volare Senior Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    My car traveled to a friends house outside of town then to a car show in a town south of me and then to a car cruise northeast of there and back home for a grand total of 85 miles. It is the mile adding on season for me and by the end of the season I may put of 3,000 miles or so and a lot of premium gas.

I also have a header tube that rests on the right frame rail that rattles and drives me nuts. I am going to remedy that soon with some wrap when it is delivered next week.
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport

United States
    Thanks
    I really would like to drive my car more this year than in the past but, we'll see how it goes. Doesn't help any getting 10 mpg on premium at currently $3.45/gal plus some sort of octane booster along with absolutely crap weather, but hope to beat last years total at least. Oh hell, it's only money, right? lol

United States
    Thanks
    I don't remember the price last time I filled up but premium runs around $3.09/gal to $3.49/gal around me so it does get pricey but I don't have to run an octane booster and run 93 octane. My engine dynoed at 500 hp so I can't complain about getting 13 mpg. I don't have a lot of disposable money but my wife still works and helps some.
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Disposable money? What`s that? Not sure I ever had any. LOL

United States
    Thanks
    The highest we have around here that's ethanol free is 91 octane. I think there's still a few stations that have 93 but it says "May contain up to 10% ethanol". Since we lost the VP Racing Fuel station (a.k.a Rib Mountain Petro Mart) there's no place to buy race fuel from the pump without going like 35-40 miles to Antigo where they 110 is available at the pump. Not sure it's worth the trip to fill the gas can. You can't pump it directly into a street driven car. It's leaded off road only so you have to be sneaky, lol. I only needed a gallon to a tank of premium. Without it, I get a little spark knock on a long uphill grade, in 90 degree weather with the A/C cranked so, it's not a huge deal. If I take a couple degrees of timing out, it's fine also BUT that 2 degrees feels like you cut power in half, it starts harder, doesn't idle as good and throttle response goes out the window...........Who'd of thunk such a tiny little thing could make such a huge difference?

The thing to do would be take a degree of total mech advance (2 at the crank) out and keep the intial the same as it is now. That's like a lot of work though. Pull the dizzy, take it apart, put a speck of weld in one of the slots, file it so the slot is shortened the right couple thousandth's, put it all back in and HOPE you got the slot the correct dimension. If not, lather, rinse, repeat.
    Last edited by aspen79; 06-02-2019 at 05:31 PM.

United States
    Thanks
    I have my MSD distributor locked at 32 degrees. The engine runs fine and I have no spark knock even with the air on. I have an MSD Starter Saver hooked up that makes it easier to start with the timing locked.
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport