Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Time to whip it out

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Candy Corn has been washed with water 3X and caught in the rain 3X during our ownership. Pretty much it's been about every other year, and while we dont like getting her wet, rain is totally different from a gentle washing.
    First rain revealed the bad windshield seal at top and led to the gold tint 79 windshield going in. 2nd time showed where the T-top seal replacement needed improvement. Last time was an hour on the interstate coming back from Carlisle and we stayed dry. But as I pulled up to the rest stop pumps an hour after that she spit a single droplet on my leg. I think just to let me know about that displeasure of having been rained on again.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    It`s probably me just being anal but I feel it needs at least one wash a year to get it really clean. I wash it carefully though and try to keep water out of certain areas.

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I tell you, the whipping it out opportunities really sucked this year. Hoping there are at least a few left before it all goes to crap. Took the Aspen to work last week (Wednesday it might have been???), the only day it either wasn't raining when I left for work, or didn't have rain in the forecast for some point in the day. I'll give you one guess what it's doing outside right now. Did you guess raining? You win the prize! Actually, we had a big time thunderstorm a couple hours ago.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Super Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I went to a cruise in a town 15 miles away today. Many cars as there just isn't much to go to lately. Beautiful day and evening. 75 degrees at 7pm and the wind started blowing nicely mid afternoon. We haven't had a drop of rain for two weeks.
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab 4WD
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport
    2017 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Still cruising with them tops out David?

We got out over the weekend and I stopped along a quiet road with some nice background to take pix. Wouldn't you know it just as I was walking back to the car here comes another guy and his wife in a green 68 GTO also enjoying the warm sunny afternoon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nov2020smPic.jpg  
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattle Trap View Post
    Still cruising with them tops out David?
    I only took the time to take the tops out once this year. I didn't have a tremendous amount of time to cruise.
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I think we had more time than we knew what to do with this year since almost all the events got cancelled, and we just didn't because of that. I haven't looked lately but I bet we didn't put 250miles on CC all year so far. I was so proud as we watched her flip over 61,000 almost as soon as we left the driveway back in March for her first run of the year. And then we just didn't even get her out again in all of the passing months after that. Maybe every other month at best. Just as a tension breaker in final desperation of needing to do anything that felt good even if it didn't mean going to see friends. Been a really mixed up year and moments like being able to take the pic above may be a little bittersweet but oh so sweet to savor.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    I only managed 300 miles, give or take a couple, this year. Had nothing to do with Covid or any other crap like that. It was the weather..............rain, rain, rain, threaten rain, 50% chance of rain in the afternoon, good chance of rain, more rain,,,,,,,,,,,,,well, you get the idea.

Speaking of rain. That 3.5" we got a couple days ago that washed all the salt off the roads had me hoping. All hopes were dashed last night. Late yesterday it started raining (gee, what a surprise......) and then it turned to snow, which amounted to a trace, but it dropped below freezing so guess what? Driving to work this morning, the roads were dry but every bridge and curve was white with salt. The only bright side is, they didn't salt every road from end to end so the frontage road along the freeway by my house is still clean up to a point. Guess I could go a couple miles south and then a couple miles back north to home. Chances of that are slim to none however as the forecast for the weekend is rain/snow. Some days, or years, a person just can't seem to win.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

United States
    Thanks
    I only managed 300 miles, give or take a couple, this year. Had nothing to do with Covid or any other crap like that. It was the weather..............rain, rain, rain, threaten rain, 50% chance of rain in the afternoon, good chance of rain, more rain,,,,,,,,,,,,,well, you get the idea.

Speaking of rain. That 3.5" we got a couple days ago that washed all the salt off the roads had me hoping. All hopes were dashed last night. Late yesterday it started raining (gee, what a surprise......) and then it turned to snow, which amounted to a trace, but it dropped below freezing so guess what? Driving to work this morning, the roads were dry but every bridge and curve was white with salt. The only bright side is, they didn't salt every road from end to end so the frontage road along the freeway by my house is still clean up to a point. Guess I could go a couple miles south and then a couple miles back north to home. Chances of that are slim to none however as the forecast for the weekend is rain/snow. Some days, or years, a person just can't seem to win.

United States
    Thanks
    That is one thing no one can do is change the weather. A lot of time the weather just isn't what you want at the time. Too hot, too cold, too dry, too wet.
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport