Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Edelbrock at Jegs $2,700.00

AspenandVolare Administrator

Aspen and Volare Super Member 76sassygrassVolare's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior79 View Post
    Nice ride I'm going feel injected myself this year can't wait to see the difference I'll be using the fitech.
    I missed the thread on old forum, but is the choice of FItech based on price alone? I am not overly familiar with all the specs of the systems to compare the brands , but the MSD Atomic seems to have a lot of good reviews and features, but ya the price is very steep, especially if you wanna run the timing adjustment feature. I honestly cant get over the price , but it looks like an amazing product. How does it compare with the FItech ? I am going EFI on my car.

Aspen and Volare Senior Member Junior79's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks
    The fitech is a really nice system I have seen it first hand now and I'm sold. I plan on getting the mean street 800hp System. it's basically for guys that already have a great fuel system and ignition system like MSD box and distributors The price is definitely the reason why am looking at fitech. But it's got almost or in some cases more to offer than the leading ones out there. I've watched a lot of YouTube videos on start ups With this system and guys are loving them. My buddy has it on his mustang 5.0. He said it started up like it was a stock setup ran awesome. From all the veido I have seen they make the some or a little power the the carb. But every one says the cold starts and cruising it night and day over the carb. No more smelling like gas after a cruise

1979 Plymouth Volare
    1/8 - 7.27 @ 94.55 mph
    1/4 - 11.39 @ 118.55mph
    Best 60 foot 1.53

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Junior79 For This Useful Post:

76sassygrassVolare (03-09-2016)

Aspen and Volare Member jermo17's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    As White Aspen R/T has abundantly proven from the posted pictures, almost all other efi setups look like a modern vehicle with entirely tooooo much wiring everywhere and things like fuel pressure regulator are visible.(i personally like the clean less clustered look) The second reason is plain and simply the features and capabilities for the cost to me makes it hands down a superior product. For $1500 and a high pressure fuel pump you can have a setup that not only works on anything from 300hp to 1200hp but also looks fairly close to a carb and with features like boost capable up to 25 psi and built in nitrous control, boost and nitrous referenced timing control, adjustable timing and a/f on the fly, self tuning option, and 8 gig data logging. That being said i want to go with boost within the next year or two so getting those capabilities now would pay back big time later when boost is applied.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jermo17 For This Useful Post:

Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jermo17 View Post
    As White Aspen R/T has abundantly proven from the posted pictures, almost all other efi setups look like a modern vehicle with entirely tooooo much wiring everywhere and things like fuel pressure regulator are visible.(i personally like the clean less clustered look) The second reason is plain and simply the features and capabilities for the cost to me makes it hands down a superior product. For $1500 and a high pressure fuel pump you can have a setup that not only works on anything from 300hp to 1200hp but also looks fairly close to a carb and with features like boost capable up to 25 psi and built in nitrous control, boost and nitrous referenced timing control, adjustable timing and a/f on the fly, self
    tuning option, and 8 gig data logging. That being said i want to go with boost within the next year or two so getting those capabilities now would pay back big time later when boost is applied.
    A man brother

1979 Plymouth Volare
    1/8 - 7.27 @ 94.55 mph
    1/4 - 11.39 @ 118.55mph
    Best 60 foot 1.53

Canada
    Thanks

1979 Plymouth Volare
    1/8 - 7.27 @ 94.55 mph
    1/4 - 11.39 @ 118.55mph
    Best 60 foot 1.53

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Junior79 For This Useful Post:

Canada
    Thanks
    Hope this works. This will show what it can do. Watch this video I know it's not fitech but same idea

http://youtu.be/_pIg5A6kfL0

1979 Plymouth Volare
    1/8 - 7.27 @ 94.55 mph
    1/4 - 11.39 @ 118.55mph
    Best 60 foot 1.53

Aspen and Volare Member jermo17's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    junior with the annular discharge the fi has should atomize the fuel completely thus making swirl port or even rough port heads and intakes obsolete as they only slow port velocity power gains should be abundant. And as i was skeptical at first about the discharge style i began research into that style and found that there has been extreme success with annular discharge carbs making more power with the largest drawback being the carbs are very temperamental with a/f aka some local dirt track racers ran them but would have to change jets between the start of the night and the end by 2 or more jet sizes but with O2 sensor and fi that automatically adjusts consonantly jetting issues are no longer

Aspen and Volare Super Member 76sassygrassVolare's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks
    Yes that looks impressive. I agree I like the look of it a lot better too, and the price is in line where the others should be anyway, $2500-$3000 for MSD Atomic EFI WTF?? Thanks a lot for the replies gives me something to go on. I am seriously going to consider the FItech, just moved to #1 for possible set up for me, thanks again.