Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: 1977 Dodge Aspen R/T project

Aspen and Volare Senior Member DCAspen's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Next Project Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kevin 214.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	6664

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Your car is so beautiful! I think the Daisy wheels set it off perfectly. Sounds like you've been pretty busy with it too.

I should have figured the rear carpet would be different in a folding seat car. Not even sure what I did with mine when I took it out. Probably in the stack with the rest and I'll have to try several on for size til one fits if I ever get so far as you.

No idea what's going on in relation to summer events this year, especially including Carlisle. We aren't reserved because I just knew something would come up and of course in the past couple weeks it has. No summer shut down as we got laid off until the end of June! Then the day after it began for the last ones out the door, the first ones out got called back in and none of us will even be off a full week now. Rumors of chips being production prioritized to us instead of actual new ones coming and it may be short lived. More rumors of steel and rubber shortages further impacting production. Maybe weeks unknown off work, or maybe not. Who honestly knows? Not me. Just have to play it by ear.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Nice looking 80. What is your plans with it? Appears I am only going to Carlisle for one day unless things change.

United States
    Thanks
    Big plans for the '80,Sold my 1970 340 Swinger and the '80 Roadrunner clone just last week.My wallet is nice and fat.I have been collecting parts[lots of NOS] for close to 20 years for the '80 build and on the 3rd car.40,000 mile rust free 1 owner old lady's car I bought in 2004 for $1200 dollars.Trying to build a car using all factory parts with some being from other models,M-body dash,J-body seats and console and a lot of other small details.The car will have a Direct Connection theme as I am a collector of D.C. items.I wanted to build a what if car,Had Chrysler built a 81 F-body,what would it look like.Matt and I discussed the 81 build many years ago,When i bought the '77 T-Top car I was really trying to find an '80 to make it into a '81 but nothing good came up until the '77 popped up about 15 years after Kit Car Chris had it for sale at Carlisle in 2003.Its funny that car for sale back then is how I became friends with Chris.I was in no position to buy it back then but when it came up for sale in 2017 I jumped all over it because sometimes you don't get a second chance.I will start a build thread on the '80 but I have some house projects to finish up before I dive into it,I probably have about 80 to 85% of the parts to build it.

United States
    Thanks
    The Daisy wheels were supposed to go on the '80,but I'm putting together a one off set of funky looking factory mags for this build.

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Congrats on filling your wallet! The 80 build sounds pretty exciting! Glad you've got most of your parts sourced now. Progress on the build will probably shake a few trees for you in locating the rest. I never have found a pair of those items we talked about for the interior, unless the whole car were purchased.

I had wanted to do a similar build of a "what-if" on another bodystyle. We may have talked about that around the same time. But after spending all sort of money collecting parts, like, I'm pretty sure of myself in saying all I still need is a steering wheel, my youngest has adopted that car and likes it just how it is. I don't see the point in arguing that it should be done like I planned when there's still others unfinished. So... I guess I have a bunch of parts for something or other.

Say, are those Moto wheels on your 80 in that pic? Can't really see. Those would have to be the rarest of mag wheels to ever be seen, at least around here. A factory variant would of course be even better fitting to your plans. I saw a nos set of those rare M turbine style wheel covers a few weeks ago. I was very tempted.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Spyder Motor Wheels,I have 2 sets of 4,Swapping out the bullet center caps for Chrysler ones.

United States
    Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kevin 217.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	6665

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    SEXXXY!

Those wheels Are Kick-A!

Man, I really wish they would have made an '81 at the least. That nose really brought the whole car into the new decade without looking too much alike the other fresh offerings in the Malibu going into G-bodies, and Fairmont/ Zephyr. Mopar really got it right and stood out with a better looking front end. But like anything that's short lived due to other things than the styling, that awesomeness just doesn't get the credit it deserved. It makes me think of nearly a couple decades earlier when the Lancer GT was such a better looking car than the Valiant. But when the Dart got downsized and the Lancer name disappeared, it left the opening for people to argue for the Valiant since it continued in production. I swear, I have the Lancer vs. Valiant argument at least once a month with a local A-body friend.

Sometimes I wish I would have worked harder to go ahead and spend the money on the rust free '62 Lancer GT shell that I let slip away as I was hustling everything I could to get the Golden Goose in my 30 day timeframe. A Lancer with straight axle suspended small block build, controlled from Tuck n Roll buckets that are still sitting upstairs in plastic wrap would have ended that constant topic of conversation.

But just like that, I will Always Love the 80 F-body.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Now you got me thinking of building the 81 Aspen Sport Special.