Views:	17 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	7046
    Engine and gearbox on place!
    Welcome from Poland

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Sweet! Long way to go but, once it's done and you drive it the first time, all the time and money spent on the build will be worth it. Trust me, My car took over 10 years and that 1st cautious drive down the street and back was better than anything. As for money, no idea how much, don't want to know and don't care! lol
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Owned since 1987, big block since 1989
    1996 Dakota Sport owned since 1998, 3.9L. Winter DD
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, bought 2017, summer only DD
    Let's go Brandon!

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Nice !!!
    Volare Magnet

Poland
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aspen79 View Post
    Sweet! Long way to go but, once it's done and you drive it the first time, all the time and money spent on the build will be worth it. Trust me, My car took over 10 years and that 1st cautious drive down the street and back was better than anything. As for money, no idea how much, don't want to know and don't care! lol
    Heheh, its true, i remember my volare 4d, driving, this car was awesome, it was slant six. And i know what i talk, because I driving a lot oldtimers, and Mustangs or some Cadillac is far away from volare, Now v8 and 2d must be much much better i waiting for first drive...

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Just in my personal experience. The F and M platform coupes are very sporty with great handling. But you need to be "up on the wheel" to get the most from their 108 inch wheelbase. The 112" wheelbase of the sedans and later J-bodies is so stable its almost forgiving. They would have been far superior GT cars if given more power from the factory like we do with them. But once you add another four inches to the wheelbase as in the late B-body, like Cordoba, Magnum, at 116" you really just get a big full size car feel. Of course those are an additional 2" wider as well but I'm not sure the road feel would change in driving that long a wheelbase even if they were narrower. As with anything firmer springs and bushings make a world of difference, but that feel all still comes down to the wheelbase. For instance I built a 72 New Yorker that handled like it was on rails. Truly amazing performance. But you were always aware of how long it's pivot points were. So while I totally agree that a F,M sedan is loads of fun, the shorter Aspen and Volare coupes are just enough out there on the edge to really fit how I drive them. OK, so how I used to drive them. Mostly. Today I'm generally just chauffeuring my wife around and catch myself going below the speed limit sometimes like some really old fart.
    Volare Magnet