Thread: New Daily Driver: 2016 Charger Pursuit

Aspen and Volare Super Member 76sassygrassVolare's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks

New Daily Driver: 2016 Charger Pursuit

Well , I bit the bullet on a new daily driver. The end of the road has come for 2002 Mercedes C230 Kompressor, 280,000km... it is still running and driving good but it has some issues and is majorly rusting out. I have driven it for 6 years! That is the longest I have ever had a vehicle. It was sporty and practical and pretty quick with the supercharger. It was also good on fuel & I liked the hatch back. I have to say Mercedes makes a good car. I beat the crap out of it every day, I put the pedal right to the floor at every stop light. It hardly ever broke and never let me down.
    Anyhow, I found this 2016 Hemi Charger Pursuit AWD on Kijiji and gave a deposit on it the other day , supposed to take delivery on May 4. It is high mileage 158k Km (just under 100k miles) but has an extensive service/maintenance record all documented on Carproof. The price was right: $19k CDN (about $15k USD) . Most '15-'16 R/Ts here are still around $30-$45k ($23-$35k USD)... I can't afford that. I plan on ditching the cop wheels and doing some other mods. You don't get all the options of an R/T and the touchscreen is way smaller + shifter is on the column etc. The dealer put a console from a normal Charger in it and removed all the cop stuff + made the rear doors /seatbelts work etc. I was happy that it is dark metallic blue, all the other Chargers at this place were black. This car should be a real blast & it will be good in the winter with the AWD. They don't make an all wheel drive Hemi Charger for the public anymore, but they still do for police duty. I am kind of glad it has higher mileage and is a little rough, that way I wont feel bad about beating on it and modifying it. I have never owned a modern Mopar and I am quite excited. The test drive was awesome, this thing flies and sounds awesome!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Charger 3.jpeg 
Views:	25 
Size:	270.8 KB 
ID:	5199

Name:	Charger 1.jpeg 
Size:	342.2 KB 
ID:	5200

Name:	Charger 2.jpeg 
Size:	113.1 KB 
ID:	5201

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 76sassygrassVolare For This Useful Post:

White Aspen R/T (04-26-2018)

United States
    Thanks
    Cool.

Aspen and Volare Member 76Beeper's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks
    Now you won.t have any extra cash to spend on your Runner.....

Aspen and Volare Super Member 76sassygrassVolare's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 76Beeper View Post
    Now you won.t have any extra cash to spend on your Runner.....
    Never fear .. the RR will be rolling soon & ever improving ... + had visions of towing the Volare w the Charger to the drag strip so they can run together lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 76sassygrassVolare For This Useful Post:

White Aspen R/T (04-26-2018)