Thread: Stubby Headers from TTI

Aspen and Volare Junior Member B.C. Aspen's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks

Stubby Headers from TTI

I am thinking of getting a set of stubby headers from TTI so I can run a set of side pipes on my car. I had a set on it about 15 years ago and I miss them. They were off the stock manifolds though. People loved the way they looked on this car too. I have a 4 speed standard in it. Anyone familiar with fitment on an F body with them since F body is not listed but TTI says they will fit anyway. I will also be purchasing a set of header adapter pipes to help out the exhaust install. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Aspen and Volare Super Member 76sassygrassVolare's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks
    Haha, I love the side pipes if going for the retro 70's look, I actually have contemplated putting side pipes on my car since I'm kinda going for the Day 2 70s mods look . I had them on my 76 Aspen Se , they looked cool. As far as the TTis , no personal experience but everyone says they are the ones to get for an F body if you want the best. They list several headers as fitting F body. http://www.ttiexhaust.com/MoparClass...SmallBlock.htm but I guess not the Shortys, sorry didnt see that. Why do you need the shortys to run the side pipes?, Do you mean to hook each pipe to the side pipe collectors ?
    Last edited by 76sassygrassVolare; 05-04-2018 at 01:57 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 76sassygrassVolare For This Useful Post:

B.C. Aspen (05-05-2018)

Aspen and Volare Junior Member B.C. Aspen's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks
    So the side pipes I have are long and run from just inside the back of the front wheel well to the front of the back wheel well. Long tube header go past the inlet of the side pipes to far and I think getting pipe bent into a configuration with long tube headers to fit the inlet of the side pipes would be impractical. You would have to double back to get to the inlets. The header adapter pipes are to save the muffler shop a bunch of trouble with header collector and shaping to fit. The thinking being there will be enough pipe for them to bend to the side pipe inlets also. FYI. the new pipes have an 2 1/4 inlet vs 2" on the old one.

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I had chrome side pipes on my 72 charger back in the day. I loved them. I agree about the length of the full header causing the exhaust to have to loop back to the inlet of the side pipe. Shortys just may do the job but I have no experience with them. I also loved the look of a side pipes on a 70`s custom dodge van too.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 77rr2x4s For This Useful Post:

B.C. Aspen (05-05-2018)

Aspen and Volare Super Member Stalkervette's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I had chrome full length "Show Tubes" (4:1) on my 76. Looked and sounded great. I had a U tube welded, if memory serves it was about 16-18 inches in length.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stalkervette For This Useful Post:

B.C. Aspen (05-05-2018)

Aspen and Volare Member Locomotion's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    No experience with the shorties, but their full length headers fit like a glove and are the same as for E-bodies. I have them on my wagon. The locations of the starter, trans, etc. doesn't change and F bodies have more room in the engine compartment than A-bodies, especially without the torsion bars to worry about. They have pics of the Shorties on an engine 1/2 way down the page. I'm just not familiar with the locations & possible interference of stick trans linkages.

http://www.ttiexhaust.com/MoparClass...y/TTi34025.htm