Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: How Low will it Go! Gas that is.

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    We're up to $2.39 as of a couple days ago.

On a crappy note, the Rib Mt. Petro Mart a few blocks from my house appears to be shutting down. There's hundreds of other gas stations around but that's the only one with race fuel of any kind. Stopped there to fill up the Dakota (no, not with race fuel, lol) Thursday evening and the clerk came out and said they're out of gas. She then said they had run out the day before. When I drove past this morning, all the nozzles had "out of order" covers. I guess the signs were there. The shelves inside were half empty the past few months and they haven't looked to do any maintenance for long time. Rusted posts, lights out, leaking awning, all the car wash bays out back have been blocked off for a few months.......................I was going to ask what was up but figured it was none of my business so, I didn't. It all started when the gigantic Kwik-Trip got built a block away a couple years ago. It's going to suck, not only because of the race fuel but I knew all the people that worked there, they knew me and it had the right "feel" Kwik-Trip is fine with it's huge store and million pumps but it's so impersonal, if you get what I mean.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Racing to the bottom.

Aspen and Volare Senior Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    It is up to $2.39 in my area. Has been for several days. I don't seem to notice unless I need to stop and purchase some.
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab 4WD
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport
    2017 Dodge Challenger R/T

United States
    Thanks
    I usually notice the prices because I drive past several stations in my "travels" and most have big electronic signs with neon numbers so, they're hard to not notice. Regardless, a person needs a certain amount of gas and the price is what it is. It's not like something else that you don't HAVE to have. If the price goes way up, you just don't buy it but gas...................Still, $2.39 is a ton better than the $4.98/gal it was a few years ago.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Tends to run about $3.20 all the time here. I agree, buy it when you need it.

United States
    Thanks
    I do not disagree with when you need it you have to stop and get filled up but I do not drive that much so I can wait two to three weeks to see where the prices go. If the prices remain steady then I usually go once a week. Of course it does add up anyway because I have four vehicles.
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport

United States
    Thanks
    I usually fill up every weekend. Still have 1/2 tank (in the Dakota) but I like to keep it full, especially in winter. For some reason I get uneasy when the gauge is below 1/2. Back when it was almost $5 a gallon, I got lucky and only put about 150 miles on a month. Work was close, and that was the ONLY thing good about that place. Before that, and again for the past 5 years, it's been 150 miles a week or more since I work 2 blocks from the defunct Ford dealer I worked at for 21 years before it closed in '07.

More important though, where am I going to get race fuel now that (I'm kind of sure) the only place that has it is closing? Maybe out at the racetrack on race night? Maybe some other station will take up the slack, who knows.......................My car likes 1 gallon of 110 (leaded off road use only, shhhhhh, don't tell anyone) with the rest ethanol free 91 premium. Sigh......

United States
    Thanks
    I totally agree on keeping the tank topped off to hopefully eliminate condensation. I am retired so some weeks I may only put 50 miles on a car. My wife still works but she only drives 50 miles a week to work and back so it all works out.
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport

United States
    Thanks
    Sounds like my dad. He bought his Charger new in 2012 and other than a very, very few miles in his '62 Fury, the Charger is the only car he drives. Last I saw a couple months ago, it had 4,800 miles on the odometer. He puts Stabil in the tank, for obvious reasons.

I can still remember my grandma when she was in her late 80's say (while we were over there for Christmas) how she had to "fill the car up with gas TWICE this year". When I looked, the needle was still on full, lol. Small town and nice little old lady means, few miles driven. I doubt that car got 10 mpg with all those short trips at a max speed of 25 mph.

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77superpak's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I haven't bought gas in so long I have no idea what the prices are. I live so close to work I take my mountain bike in winter so the salt doesn't do a number on the Challenger.