Thread: Save an Aspen w/Pics

Aspen and Volare Junior Member
    United States
    Thanks

Save an Aspen w/Pics

George the owner said he will take more pics this weekend. It is still safely stored in his garage. He is waiting to see if there is any interest before he puts her on the road.

Hi, my name is Larry and I work with an gentleman that is going to put snow tires on his '76 Aspen with 6,200 miles on it, that he has stored in his garage forever, and start driving it back and forth to work, road salt and all. I think it is a sin and told him that there is someone out there that would probably love to have it and asked him why he doesn't sell it. He doesn't want to be bothered looking for the right person and showing the vehicle to tire kickers. I asked him if I could try finding him a buyer and he said ok. Here's what I know:

1976 Dodge Aspen
    6,200 miles
    2 Door
    Slant Six
    Green
    Originally Ziebart Undercoating
    Currently stored in his garage since the 70's
    Located in southeast Michigan.
    He knows what its worth and is willing to give someone a good deal if the transaction is quick and easy. Then he will put the money toward a normal everyday commuter.

This is my only purpose for becoming a member of this forum... to find this car a proper home.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CFCF8683-70F9-47AE-B54B-38F31E9CF07D.jpg   C632CBEB-68C1-4A12-B5F4-C4A4081FC6B1.jpg  

United States
    Thanks
    That color looks like the color of my 76 Volare RR I had when i was a kid. Mine had that same white top. Nice car!

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Larry, that is a VERY pretty car, but it would help dramatically to put a price on it. Sadly these cars are still heavily undervalued in the collector market. Especially as a typical slant six automatic low option car. I recently purchased this old record player of a website in the era of Facebook and Google being questioned about killing our relevance in the world, but I have to admit this about our cars. It is a typically low budget community filled with value minded collector types. You wouldn't get much of a newer vehicle with what it would bring on the open market and it's entirely possible that your friend realizes this despite what an absolute tragedy it would be to those of us with preservation of these low budget items in mind. You see, it's not about the money to us, although we enjoy being able to save many without major expenditure return on investment is not the goal thanks to the low budget issue. We don't have many prospectors or flippers among us.

That being said, please click on my handle here. "Rattle Trap." That will create a drop down menu from which you can select "Send Private Message." Shoot me your private expectation of sale price. With 17 of these Aspens and Volares, plus Diplomats, LeBarons, and 5th Aves, currently residing here I can't guarantee that I'm your man for purchase. But there are some others also who can only be contacted privately with information that would lead to a sale and further preservation of this car. But if that is to happen instead of snow tires, we need to get down to the brass tacks of it.

I thank you greatly for your consideration and concern. Matt.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    RT, thats a nice car . Let us know how it works out for you. Your right about a lower budget community for sure.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 77rr2x4s For This Useful Post:

Rattle Trap (12-13-2018)

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 77rr2x4s View Post
    RT, thats a nice car . Let us know how it works out for you. Your right about a lower budget community for sure.
    I'm just inquiring. Not calling dibs or anything.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Understood, but it would be cool if you got it.

United States
    Thanks
    Agreed, very nice and clean looking original needing a good home. I concur hopefully the owner doesn't have an over inflated idea of its value. Not all two door American RWD cars are classic investment vehicles.

Aspen and Volare Super Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I would love to have a second car like this one but it always boils down to having the money to purchase and as important to me is a place to keep it out of the weather. If only my truck would sell! That could open the door to acquiring this nice specimen.
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab 4WD
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport
    2017 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack