Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Save an Aspen... Price & Pictures

Aspen and Volare Junior Member
    United States
    Thanks

Save an Aspen... Price & Pictures

$6,700

George the owner said he will take more pics this weekend. It is still safely stored in his garage. He is waiting to see if there is any interest before he puts her on the road.

Hi, my name is Larry and I work with an gentleman that is going to put snow tires on his '76 Aspen with 6,200 miles on it, that he has stored in his garage forever, and start driving it back and forth to work, road salt and all. I think it is a sin and told him that there is someone out there that would probably love to have it and asked him why he doesn't sell it. He doesn't want to be bothered looking for the right person and showing the vehicle to tire kickers. I asked him if I could try finding him a buyer and he said ok. Here's what I know:

1976 Dodge Aspen
    6,200 miles
    2 Door
    Slant Six
    Green
    Original Ziebart Undercoating
    There is a chip in a clear lens on the bumper (see pic), and the spare tire has no rim.
    Currently stored in his garage since the 70's
    Located in southeast Michigan.
    He knows what its worth and is willing to give someone a good deal if the transaction is quick and easy. Then he will put the money toward a normal everyday commuter.

This is my only purpose for becoming a member of this forum... to find this car a proper home.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D58780AB-72C0-45EF-AF7A-A176D43B79C9.jpg   F4C37C74-783A-4ECB-BF90-DAB8E52BEE43.jpg   67A0BD90-8C79-4FA4-AFC3-8ECEB8E886E2.jpg   E7E6CEC5-C79E-4C7D-9CC7-226AEA0515FE.jpg   98B8123B-20C1-49A1-9A51-715A8DD6DE16.jpg   F732E3EC-7CBC-4AF1-A6CC-F60649B3EFA2.jpg   9100D420-FC7B-4542-A9A6-C487D794EA2B.jpg  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michigan Sportsman For This Useful Post:

Rattle Trap (12-17-2018)

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for the update with pix Sportsman! I don't think his pricing it too far out of line myself. Seems like a good opening number very solidly in the range of what similar cars have sold near. However, to be absolutely honest, it would be in his best interest to post it to Craigslist where invariably you deal with the day drinking tire kickers, yet often find that one true interested party. It couldn't hurt to place an ad with Hemmings Motor News for a higher caliber yet smaller market of interested parties. F-bodies have been getting significant attention lately from Cars in Barns and Barnfinds also. I would immediately make them aware of any advertisement of the car so it might get a daily feature on their platform, which would then show up in mainstream morning newsfeeds and draw wide sharing across the web.

GLWS!
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Wow, sooo clean.

United States
    Thanks

Thank you for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattle Trap View Post
    Thanks for the update with pix Sportsman! I don't think his pricing it too far out of line myself. Seems like a good opening number very solidly in the range of what similar cars have sold near. However, to be absolutely honest, it would be in his best interest to post it to Craigslist where invariably you deal with the day drinking tire kickers, yet often find that one true interested party. It couldn't hurt to place an ad with Hemmings Motor News for a higher caliber yet smaller market of interested parties. F-bodies have been getting significant attention lately from Cars in Barns and Barnfinds also. I would immediately make them aware of any advertisement of the car so it might get a daily feature on their platform, which would then show up in mainstream morning newsfeeds and draw wide sharing across the web.

GLWS!
    I had six quick responses after posting it on Craigslist, three of them are legit potential buyers. It will likely be sold this weekend. Thank you for your help as me and my friend wonít have to watch this immaculate car be destroyed by Michigan salt and potholes (thatís just no fun) and someone can enjoy a new toy!

By the way my toy cars are 90ís Geo Metroís and 2000ís Honda Insights, Iím an MPG nut... Wish I could find a gem like this Aspen.

Cheers,
    Michigan Sportsman

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Michigan Sportsman For This Useful Post:

Rattle Trap (4 Weeks Ago)

United States
    Thanks
    Spectacular! Hope it works out and he gets something that is more reasonable for the conditions it will face.

I was never a fan of the Metro's but I was probably turned off by having the precursor. The Sprint. 48bhp that kept me from losing my drivers license entirely for two years. I truly hated that roller skate. But I did have a weird desire for a Storm GSI that never got filled before the salt ate them all. Those Insights are a real oddity. I lose my mind whenever I have the chance occurrence of seeing one on the road today! Pretty cool that you have your own orphan fetish. It may not exactly be our kind of cars around here, but it's still good to hear that others enjoy their own things too.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I am relieved to hear it won't end up full of salt and be ruined. Living in Wisconsin, I know all too well what winter road salt does to a vehicle. Worse, much worse, is the brine they spray. Put it this way, at work I've seen vehicles as new as 2015 models with rust holes already. Sad, just sad.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Not that it really matters to me but I got a feeling a classic car dealer may pick it up.

United States
    Thanks
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Junior Member Moparjim71's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Hope someone picks it up. They are really bad winter cars. We had to drive our 80 Roadrunner a couple of winters and it was not good in the snow.

Jim
    N. Mankato, MN

United States
    Thanks
    The Aspen was sold to a gentleman in Arizona that will enjoy taking it at car shows with his family. I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of people from Craigslist that we’re interested. I posted in once and had over 15 interested people. The first person that looked at it said he was going to see how much it would cost to ship it to Arizona, but the second person to look at it, also from Arizona, purchased it on the spot.
    My friend and I are very happy to have this car in the hands of someone that will enjoy it’s unique condition. A very quick and easy selling experience also. WIN - WIN - WIN for all involved.
    Thank you for your input and suggestions to “Save an Aspen”.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michigan Sportsman For This Useful Post:

JohnRogers (1 Week Ago), Rattle Trap (1 Week Ago)