Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pedal "dress up" bezel

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks

Pedal "dress up" bezel

I'm looking for the stainless bezel that goes on the service brake pedal pad (automatic). I've got one on the parking brake pedal already.

It doesn't appear there ever was a bezel for the throttle pedal, looking in the parts catalog, but if there was, looking for that as well.

Thanks
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Some of throttle pedals have the chrome made on them but they aren`t cheap. I have one I bought for my charger and never used it but I haven`t checked to see if it is the same length as the original one on my volare. I don`t think I ever seen the bezel sold separately.

United States
    Thanks
    like this one but I have a later part number which i believe it is shorter then the one shown.. I will have to look for it . Some pedals are shorter then the others.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gas-Pedal-F...29E:rk:30:pf:0

BTW, thats not a bad price on that if it fits. I would ask them for a measurement if you decide on it. I paid like $60 for the one I have years ago.
    Last edited by 77rr2x4s; 12-24-2018 at 03:35 PM.

United States
    Thanks
    this should work. whats the part number on the pad? https://www.megapartsusa.com/proddet...prod=102%2DPB4 and they have this https://www.megapartsusa.com/proddet...rod=102%2DGP09 I don`t know if this will work as i was saying about the pedal length.
    Last edited by 77rr2x4s; 12-24-2018 at 03:43 PM.

Aspen and Volare Senior Member 7T8 Custom's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks
    Both the pedal assembly and the bezels appear to be the right ones as far as I can tell.

United States
    Thanks
    Thanks you gentlemen!

I think I'll just get the ebay gas pedal and hope for the best. If it's a little longer (at least below the pivot anyways) that would be great actually. I had to move my pedal up an inch and to the right an inch, along with the cable hole, so the throttle cable wouldn't come out right behind the valve cover and kink. Makes the pedal a bit awkward. Plus, a new gas pedal would match the other two pads which are NOS.

It does look like the brake bezel will fit. I have an NOS pad on there and the bezels just make everything look a little more finished to me.

BTW, the parts catalog shows p/n 3748047 for '79 on the brake pedal one.

Done deal, thanks again!

My first car in 1981 (a '70 Barracuda Gran Coupe) had the pedal dress up package and the bezels on all four pedals (four speed) and I always thought it made them look a lot better, vs just plain black rubber or plastic.
    Last edited by aspen79; 12-24-2018 at 07:36 PM.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

Aspen and Volare Senior Member 7T8 Custom's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks
    I ended up getting a set(of 3) of the dressed up pedals from an SE car many years ago and agree. It does make them look alot better IMO.

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I've always found the shorter dress up pedals on B-bodies. Always thought it was weird the bigger car had the shorter pedal. But there's lot's of strangeness like that goes on. They do interchange. But what really got MY attention here was the Gran Coupe 4spd dress up! Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh BOY !!!!!! I bet they reproduce those! I've always wondered how to get the dress up on my 3 pedal cars!
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    I not really up on what size gas pedal was on what type of car but I know when I ordered the chrome trim gas pedal from the dealer for my 73 charger they superseded the part number to a newer number and it was shorter then the original. I didn`t use it. Maybe I will use it on my volare.

United States
    Thanks
    That Gran Coupe. Oddest optioned car I ever owned. 4 speed, 3.23 Sure Grip, pedal dress up, lighting package with time delay, 6-way driver seat, AM/FM 5 speaker stereo, variable speed wipers, etc. but then,,,,,,,,,,,manual steering, manual 10" drum brakes, delete optioned to a 318 (std was 383). It's like WTF??????

Nothing has gotten here yet but should be soon. Hoping before the weekend so I have an excuse to be in the garage. Like I need an excuse. Sometimes I just go out there,,,,,,,,well,,,,,,,,,,to be out there.