Thread: Wiper arms needed

Aspen and Volare Member
    United States
    Thanks

Wiper arms needed

Guys, I went to install my wiper arms and found that the tension spring is rusted to inevitable failure as is one of the bases.

I need a pair of arms in good condition that the springs still have/make tension and that still have the blade holders,

I do not want the cheesey aftermarket blades, unless someone could convince me otherwise.

Price and shipping to 33470

Thanks. Henry

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    There are some Chevrolet arm springs on ebay that look like they would work. I almost ordered them the other day. I asked them for the length and they said they didn`t know. Sounded more like they didn`t want to bother. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-72-GM-...2/200874635849
    Now the wiper blades are a whole nother story. They are near impossible to find them. I have a pair with the metal blades like oem but the connector is gray plastic. They are not bad but not original. I can show you a pic if you want to see them. The trico blade is 18 inch and is used on GM products too. I found one NOS blade $$ but also found a good used one on ebay for pretty cheap. Most are asking $$ for them because I think they fit Corvette. There is a part number on the trico blade. I will see if I can find it.
    Last edited by 77rr2x4s; 01-20-2019 at 10:41 AM.

United States
    Thanks
    Mopar part number 3799124 trico. The number stamped on mine is 3056160 CAN 63. I found these on ebay so you get the idea but you could search further. https://www.ebay.com/itm/trico-wiper...0/162907261778

Aspen and Volare Member
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks guys, after further investigation, I have the original arms and blade holders, I did not look close enough to realize the arms do detach, so I only need two matched arms with good condition bases, latches and tension springs
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190120_100313.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	5656
    Last edited by modelmakerinc; 01-20-2019 at 01:26 PM.

United States
    Thanks
    Attachment didn`t show up for me. I have two used wiper arms. The springs seem to have good tension but the springs do show corrosion. I was going to buy those new springs off ebay.

United States
    Thanks
    I see the pic now. The arms look ok from the pic. I would just try and replace the springs if you find ones that work. I will know soon when I get around to ordering those off ebay.

Aspen and Volare Member
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah. I think I will just swap the springs out, thanks

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    You can use wiper blades from a late '60's Cadillac and Buick, also 18". The driver side one needs to be flattened out a bit but they look basically original and clip onto the wiper arms perfectly. Might be easier to find than original Aspen ones.

These are the pair of refurbished ones I got off Ebay a while back. IIRC, they were $50 with new inserts installed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0008.jpg  
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Senior Member F body deconstructor Jim's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I've got a couple nice sets of used wiper arms
    and linkages
    and motors
    jimsazparts.com