Thread: NASCAR 2019 Baby!!!

Aspen and Volare Super Member Stalkervette's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks

NASCAR 2019 Baby!!!

Watching the Clash right now (between Florida rain showers).

Daytona speed week tells me spring is just around the corner!!!

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I watch Nascar when I can but it never seems as cool as it did back in the 70`s.

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I lost interest back in the mid '80's when the cars started looking all identical and nothing like the cars they were supposed to be. Plus, it was just never the same (for me anyways) after Richard Petty retired from driving. Still, it does mean we're that much closer to spring. Only a couple months to go before it theoretically gets better outside, fingers crossed.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77superpak's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    What did it for me was when they put that ridiculous wing on the back of the cars. Made them look like something off the Fast and Furious movie set. Plus the 70s, 80s and 90s drivers had character. These new drivers are arrogant punks, the Chase format is a joke and Fox's Turn It Up, Gopher Cam and boogity, boogity, boogity made me cringe.

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I'll stick with drag racing and also enjoy watching road racing like the DTM or Pirelli Challenge. , the cars look like actual cars, and most classes they started out as actual cars from the dealership. Plus, I always love ones where there's American cars in the race (usually Mustangs) and seeing them kick the European cars butts! Can't forget Trans-Am racing but those cars are so heavily modified body wise, it takes a bit of the neat out of it.

As with anything, there's something for everyone no matter what you like, and that's the way it should be.

Agree with you about the drivers now days. I always liked how Petty could be in the lead and get spun out on the last corner and his attitude. Did he get upset? Did he go confront the driver that spun him? Did he throw a tantrum? No he did not. He'd say, with that ever present smile on his face, "that's racing, we'll get it fixed and be back next week". We need those type of driver's to come back again.
    Last edited by aspen79; 02-15-2019 at 06:56 PM.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver