Thread: heart lives on....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Aspen and Volare Member Badvert65's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks

heart lives on....

Well, it's been a while, but I am still in search of that elusive wagon to replace my wrecked one. I did save everything salvageable from it before I said goodbye. The engine from it has been worked over pretty good and will soon be in my 65 Belvedere race car.
    11:1, Ported head, big valves, high lift mechanical cam, big Holley, aluminum intake, headers, under drive pulleys, shaved/lightened crank, pretty much everything I can throw at it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1227a.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	123.5 KB 
ID:	5735
    Last edited by Badvert65; 1 Week Ago at 01:17 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Badvert65 For This Useful Post:

kent (1 Week Ago)

Aspen and Volare Super Member Stalkervette's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    What HP/TQ were you able to squeeze out of the LTOP? They are great little motors, just like the Ford L6 300.

United States
    Thanks
    It goes into the car this month and I hope to get a few passes on it before a race date first weekend of May in Hagerstown MD.
    I am shooting for 300+ HP. If it doesn't make that now, I have a few things left to try but I need a baseline before I make any changes. I have a race prepped 904 trans and will use either 3.55 or 3.91 gears for now. Car weighs in at about 2800 lbs., (3000lbs with me in it). I will need to add weight (3200lb min) to make the D/gas class in Slant Six Racing. I'd rather be light than heavy. Car is a 65 Belvedere I post car fitted up like the super stockers available in 65.
    When I finally get another Volare wagon, the engine will go in that and the Belvedere will get a big block.

Aspen and Volare Super Member Stalkervette's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Nice! You could always do a conservative wet squirt 30-50 HP. Best $/HP return for the money.

A 10# bottle full will add roughly 23-26 pounds including the brackets and lines.

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Badvert65, that`s the mopar show in May correct? I may go to that also.

United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 77rr2x4s View Post
    Badvert65, that`s the mopar show in May correct? I may go to that also.
    Yes, the Mason-Dixon race May 4/5.

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator kent's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks
    That going to be Badddd! Been waiting around here for years to see something like that on here. If there was another I never heard about it.
    Well done BV! Just from what you mentioned I can't see any reason why you can't be north of 300HP. And like Stalkervette said give her a little whiff and away you go again! You must of balanced her also. So no sweat handling a shot. But I guess that would be a no pass in that class??

Just the look of her! Sweet! Always wanted to do one up but I guess that ship has sailed. Good show Badvert65! Belvederes need BBs. The big Wedge??
    1980 roadrunner

United States
    Thanks
    Any MOPAR nut, worth their salt, should try to build a slant at some point in their life. I am shooting for one of each, small block, big block, slant and Hemi. as for this engine. No power adders, just normally aspirated. Once I set the D/gas record, I will eventually put a big block in the Belvedere and save this engine for another Volare Wagon.
    -Matt

Aspen and Volare Member plymouthcranbrook's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Very nice. I have always been a fan of the 225 and for a while in the 70's had a 62 Dodge Lancer with a modified 6(3 speed column shift). Crane cam, Holly 4BBl and headers. Ran well and would stay with a GTO up to 60 MPH or so.