Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: Ranting and Raving

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I forgot to say also, cars and trucks seem to start rotting out way sooner than they did in the '90's and '00's. Off the top of my head, I've seen a 2017 Silverado with rust bubbles starting over the rear wheel openings and a 2015 RAM with the same thing, and a 2013 Nissan Altima with the driver and passenger front floors rotted out and carpet padding showing. Also recall a 2012 or 2013 Equinox with the lower rear of both front fenders rusted away. I mean, it's fliipin' ridiculous. Then they have the nerve to accuse F-bodies of being rust buckets, lol!
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah they've certainly shifted away from quality to spend the resources on over engineering them into nightmares. But on the bright side, if there's only 1 replacement for every 600 people in the field, I would say it's going to swing your way on getting rich. Suppy and Demand. You'll have them over a barrel in a short while and management will have to shift resources from other areas to keep their maintenance and repair crews.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Not getting political but,,,,,,,,,,,,I am tired of political campaign ads already and there's another 9+ months to go. AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, that is a rant.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

United States
    Thanks
    I'll give the RAVE rebuttal to that.

On the bright side there's a geriatric old woman who the VAST majority of "Living Voters" have absolute HATRED for and she won't shut up about tearing down anybody on "her side" who isn't financed by Soros but is equally cangerous all the same. Is that supposed to be Dangerous or Cancerous? I duno. You decide because it's all the same with those types in my studied view. Even the subject of the latest hateful remarks by the woman scorned with good reason says that even his wife only likes him on a good day. And she's gota be battleship crazy to still be with a guy who's never held a real job in his life during her own golden years. Scam artists, all of them.

And on the other side we've got some sort of goings on about some ridiculous "Trumped Up" charges that could lead to the first time a guys gets impeached and removed from office right before he gets re-elected all the same. So they can all Suck a D anyhow while the rest of us are still laughing and he's sleeping with a super model.

Aside from that it's best to just turn the "Programming" off and read. I don't do TV except occasionally and certainly don't partake of viewing any of those infotainment caricatures of reality when I do. I read my news. I read it from many sources slanted this way and that way and judge them against each other to find the truth is never typically in either but between, and I don't have commercial breaks for advertisements as crap pops up on the sidebars which I ignore.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Here's a couple Rants.

If you get off at the next exit, don't slow down a mile early on the highway. There plenty of room to slow down on the off ramp. I promise.

And if you need to put 300 cars in a parking lot, use your head and have 310 spaces. Not 275. Cuz all the little psychos will show up way too early for their shift and people start parking in the aisles 25 minutes before shift start.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Before they rebuilt and expanded the entire freeway system around here, there was a ramp that you HAD to slow down before you got to it. It was one of those loop ramps with a 20 mph advisory and the curve started about 100 feet from the beginning of the ramp. to slow down from 65 to make curve, you would have needed 13" 4 wheel disc brakes with racing slicks and a drag chute. A holdover from when the freeway was originally built in the late '60's. Most times though, it didn't matter, it's such a busy interchange that traffic was backed up 1/2 mile down the shoulder of the freeway and stopped anyways, lol. It was a one lane ramp that came to a stop sign at a busy 4 lane business hwy. A right turn was tough, a left,,,,,,,,,,,good bleeping luck during morning and evening rush hours. Friggin' horrible. Now the ramp splits off quite a ways back and has a wall on the left side, then splits into 4 lanes and comes to signal lights plus, the radius of the loop is way less tight.

Speaking of entering and exiting the freeway. Some people need to learn there's a funny looking thing sticking from the left side of the steering column. It's called a turn signal lever. You push it down to signal left, up to signal right. A simple concept. It's not only for signalling turns, it also for signalling when entering or exiting the freeway and changing lanes. Odd as it sounds, it allows other drivers to know what you are going to do in advance of you doing it. Not signalling for lane changes and on onto or off of ramps is one of my pet peeves. It's not that difficult a concept and it's also courteous to other drivers. I wonder if the ones who don't signal know how stupid it makes them look?

One final pet peeve. People who drive before or after sunrise, in the rain, snow and fog without turning on their lights. WTF? Nothing more awesome than to be driving in heavy fog and all of a sudden a gray car appears out of nowhere without a single light illuminated. AND,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,do they realize that daytime running lights do NOT turn the taillamps on? I've heard people say they don't need to turn the lights on in adverse weather because their car has DRL's. Idiots.......... Got just one more. Following too close is NOT going to make me go faster. Either back the f*** off or go around. Out of all the idiot things people do when driving, tailgating is the one that irritates me the most by far. GET OFF MY ASS, PLEASE.

Man it feels good to vent once in awhile!

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Agree on the lights use during weather. I'll add WTF is wrong with people blacking out their rear lighting? I had one a while back where I had to work pretty hard to not rear end his 30 inch lifted truck when we came to a light. I was about to pull up and signal him that all his rear lighting was not working, but after sitting behind him for 60 seconds at the light I realized they WERE lit up, but they were so blacked out I couldn't tell until I was about to kiss bumpers. Just the other day I found one like that only at night. He had it so blacked out that I couldn't tell if he hit the brakes until I was closer than 50 feet. The markers weren't visible at all, and guess what that blackout does to the reflectors. Yup, nothing showing. But do these people get cited for this crap? H311 no! Meanwhile I get pulled over for both license plate light too dim and license plate light too bright.

United States
    Thanks
    We had the light blackout infestation here at one time until they cracked down on it and started handing out equipment violations and what do you know,,,,,it did the trick. They did the same for illegal window tint as well and cars with black windows suddenly disappeared.

Speaking of lights. All the vehicles with HID headlights are so bright they blind oncoming traffic to start with and then,,,,,,,the tiny penis club members put lift kits in their trucks and huge tires but are too stupid to get the headlights aimed properly. Nothing like having one of those inconsiderate morons coming at you on a dark road. You may a well be staring at the sun.

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Around here the dark window tint doesn`t even seem to get a bink of the eye from law enforcement any more. I`m not sure they even enforce it nowadays.
    Last edited by 77rr2x4s; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:09 AM.

United States
    Thanks
    I think the windshield and front side windows can be no more than 5% tint in WI. Basically factory tint or a hair darker. Anything behind the driver can be black as you want. You can paint them black, provided there's 2 outside mirrors, just like cargo vans. They do write tickets for illegal tint. The idea is so you can see out at night and, they can see in. Exception of course is if you're on vacation from a state that allows dark tint on front windows.

I've heard the latest "crack down" is pickups with tires protruding past the top of the wheel openings and also, trucks with lift kits that exceed the amount allowed, which I think is 4". Works for me. Nothing like being behind one of those lifted trucks with tires hanging 6" outside the wheel wells in the rain or slush as the crap flies ten feet straight up into the air.

Seems they enforce vehicle equipment laws that have to do with safety but most other things they let go, at least local and county do. State Patrol are a little more stringent but then, that's their job also. As one cop told me when talking about the technically illegal office pools or poker games and 20 years ago even hookers. "we've got real crimes to investigate". Small problem with that is, the hookers didn't cause problems for long time but then other crimes related to hookers (mostly drugs) started happening more and more THEN they started arresting prostitutes and the problems went away as fast as they came (no pun intended, lol).