Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranting and Raving

Aspen and Volare Super Member Stalkervette's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I have a non vehicle rant.

Bought a Ryobi 18v One+ edger, that thing chews through 3.0 batteries! In all honesty I was anticipating that. My rant is the price of the 4.0 up to 6.0 batteries. Flippin' batteries cost as much as the tool!!!!!

Time to do my daily visit to Amazon Prime..... I'm a Prime junkie. It is surprising some of the obscure NOS parts you can find there.

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I've got an older Toro string trimmer that has a nicad battery pack and it only does half the trimming that I do anymore, before it needs charged for few hours, then finish the trimming. Years ago it would do the whole job on one charge easily. Think it's time to step up to a new one with a lithium ion battery pack. To get the nicad battery pack rebuilt over at Batteries Plus would be 75-80% the cost of a new trimmer so, it's a no brainer.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

United States
    Thanks
    I'm kind of bummed. In another 15 hours (at 7:30 Monday), my week off comes to an end and it's back to the daily grind. Actally it comes to an end around 6:45am when I leave for work and then it's work, work, work until 4:30 and back home by 5pm. Don't know for sure but I imagine it's still ridiculously busy, same as it's been for the past couple months, I mean years. Even with the Covid thing, business never dropped off. in fact, I think it just made it get even busier. I guess that's a good thing though and it means job security and I can't think of any other place I'd rather have a job than where I am now (great place to go 5 days a week).

Now that I think of it, maybe I'm not TOO bummed about going back to work. Downside is, it doesn't feel like I got jack sh*t done here at home. Weird how that works.
    Last edited by aspen79; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:27 PM.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

Aspen and Volare Super Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Before I retired I felt the same way even if I went somewhere to get out of town. Never seemed to get done what I wanted to during my time off. There was a time that I actually did get a lot done on my week off. It was when I was building my lake house. A lot got done in that week because it was many days in a row, not one day a weekend.
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab 4WD
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport
    2017 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack

United States
    Thanks
    I gave up on battery powered lawn equipment years ago. Nothing worse then not having a battery to finish the job. I have a Echo gas weed wacker that starts on the first pull ( two when cold) and it is very lightweight.

United States
    Thanks
    Kind of a rant I suppose. it's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY too early for this sh............I mean crap.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00458.JPG   DSC00459.JPG  

Aspen and Volare Super Member Stalkervette's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    It is happening here too.

I sent my sister a picture of the trees in my backyard this morning - feels like it is going to be an early fall.

United States
    Thanks
    I wonder about the early fall thing, the way the weather's been,,,,,,,,,,,not fall like at all. Maybe it's because it gets kind cold at night, the trees are confused? Example: When I got up this morning at 5 am (on Sunday, WTF?) it was only 51 out but by 9 am already back into the 80's. Couple weeks ago there were mornings in the 40's but, just like today, warmed to the 80's way before noon. Supposed to hit 90 middle of next week and that should be just beautiful at work, in the shop, with surface of the sun hot cars to work on, lol.

I am not complaining though. If I think it's way too hot, all need to do is remember what it's like in winter with 2 feet of snow on the ground, -10 degrees with a north wind giving a wind chill of -40 and just to twist the knife some more, how about we throw in a blizzard to drive home from work in on top of it all. Yep, give me 90's over that crap any day!
    Last edited by aspen79; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:03 PM.

Aspen and Volare Super Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    It makes you wonder what it may be causing the leaves to fall early. In my area it has been down to the low 50's at night and highs in the 80's during the day and very few leaves have fallen. One of mother nature's mysteries.
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab 4WD
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport
    2017 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack

United States
    Thanks
    I did notice that all the trees in my yard with leaves falling off, are the same species. Some are shade poplar and others are screening poplar (with the upright branches). Maybe they've all got a disease? There are 5 or 6 of the screening ones that never got many, if any, leaves this year. My ultimate goal is to get all the screening poplars removed. They go down each side of my yard from near the street to roughly 150 feet back. Nothing but trouble with the million leaves every fall, and those roots,,,,,,,,,the kind that like to grow above ground, not to mention the little trees that keep sprouting from the roots all over the place. They MUST go! All depends on how much as to whether it's this year or next spring and THAT all depends on how much it's going to be to get my cracked sewer line repaired in the side yard which makes a great food source for the aforementioned roots. The sewer line takes priority right now.

This kind of tree and there's about 25 of them and some are 30-35 feet tall, yikes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00455.jpg  
    Last edited by aspen79; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:33 PM.