Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranting and Raving

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks. For years she was my good luck charm and third hand in the garage. As a family came and grew and responsibilities got split that kinda fell off. I think it is time to bring that back. I know it won't bring the same level of progress back but it was always comforting to see her there. Certainly better than if she was inside back then. I'd go in and walk thru, walk back thru, go out on the deck, come back in and walk thru and back again. If she was being ornery she'd let me go outside and look around before coming in to look for her again. But she'd have never moved the whole time. Just watched me search for her while silently giggling. I used to tell everybody, " This is my Girlfriend, isn't she Great? She matches my couch!" Little Turkey! I almost never met her because she was blending into another friend's couch too when I stopped by one hot day knowing she'd have made lemon aid that always makes for a good check in visit. I guess a whole life comes down to friendships and random chance. I'm sure not complaining.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Spent half the day worried with a tight chest. Then I remembered breaking down all those cardboard boxes in the basement yesterday and how the last time I worked on that stuff, bagging and throwing out what was in them, cleaning and saving other stuff in new plastic totes, I had a tight chest for two days from breathing the moldy stuff. Much relieved now.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    A tight chest is never good. It happens and makes your mind do crazy things!
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab 4WD
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport
    2017 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I get that all the time, then remember it's only after doing things that strain my chest muscles and it's just sore/tight muscles, or whatever it is in the center of your chest. It does make your mind worry though.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Best to get checked out. Chest pain is no joke.

United States
    Thanks
    More like peck's and ribs hurting than bronchial. Still there a bit today. At least no dry cough and breathing razors this time. I'd be about out of my head if that happened in the current state of things. Can't believe I forgot to protect myself and just went ahead and finished cleaning that up. Even more brilliant I burned the stuff so if I didnt get it in the basement I probably managed to while tending the pit. I suppose I could go back down with the Lysol again now. Maybe breathing that will help. Lol!
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    That's wgat I was getting at, pecks and rib, or where your ribs attach to the breast bone. My chest hurts right now and if I press my breast bone or ribs, it gets worse. Quite a few years ago I asked my doctor about the chest pains and she verified it is only muscle/skeletal (or what ever the medical jargon is) and nothing to do with my heart or lungs. If I have to carry a heavy load away from my body, that's usually when the pains come later on. In my job, I have to do that on a daily basis.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

United States
    Thanks
    I've got a rave that turns into a rant and back into a rave. The door glass on my Mustang was all speckled from who knows what. Similar to the way a windshield gets after many years and I had that replaced last summer. Anyways, I ordered new glass and last weekend I decided to put it in. Pulled the passenger door apart, changed the glass and adjusted it and put the trim panel back on. Rave, it went exactly like it should and the new glass looks awesome. So,,,,,,,,,,,pull the drivers door panel off and take the old glass out. Get the new glass out of the package, pick it up and promptly stub my toe on the floor jack that some moron didn't put back where it normally is kept (rant). Today another new window came, put it in and adjusted it this evening and we're all set to go (rave). I'll leave you to figure out what happened after stubbing my toe as to why I had to order another window Good lesson here which is, don't be an idiot and work in the garage barefoot unless you put the floor jack away.

Aspen and Volare Super Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Why in the world would you work barefoot? I would never be able to walk again if I did that lol!
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab 4WD
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport
    2017 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack

Aspen and Volare Senior Member 7T8 Custom's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks
    I do most of my work around the house in my "construction slippers" as my wife calls them.