Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: Ranting and Raving

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    The traffic was backed up coming into Rib Mt outside my house all friggin day and as of 5pm it still is somewhat. It's a long, double lane off ramp and the right lane on the freeway is exit only. I wandered out and looked down the freeway and it was creeping along as far back as I could see. All that grief people go through to theoretically save a few bucks. I mean, we don't have all the trouble they do in some places with people fighting or shooting one another over a Barbie Doll (far as I know), but the thought of being crammed in a store with 1,000 other people, just isn't my thing. Talked to my neighbor this afternoon and she had gone up to IGA, about 2 miles up Rib Mt Drive and said it took 20 minutes to get there and 25 minutes to get back home. Basically, backed up from one traffic signal to the next. There isn't any back streets that go all the way through because of water (a river and a creek with no bridges, etc) and one mini-canyon type of thing so, there is no other option. You can go part way there but on back streets but it wouldn't gain you anything. You'd end up at a traffic signal on Rib Mt Drive and then sit.............I need to go there myself and am hoping if I go about 6am tomorrow morning, I'll be in the clear
    Last edited by aspen79; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:17 PM.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Dbl post.
    Last edited by Rattle Trap; 1 Week Ago at 08:45 PM.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    OK, theres a couple things that fat skinny guys need. Potato chips, Beer, and Expanding Foam that means you don't have to mix mortar to deal with new leaks, in freezing temps. But to get all 3, means a trip all the way to town. Now, that's only 8 miles to the nearest one, but still. I'm not sure what I hate the most. Walmart. Or the driving. There isn't enough parking near the busy store. Walmart logic? Let's turn 17 spaces into 12 "Reserved" spaces I've yet to see more than four of used at once. OR should I hate the idiots between towns? First we can't get out of the Walmart on this light because the POS Kia driver ahead needs to leave four car lengths and can't even accelerate and would rather wait to be first next time. Finally get around that tard. Next up, all the rest of traffic. Limit goes from 40 to 55 two lights and half a mile later. Then a mile after that, we're finally up to 50 in both lanes! These tards have No Concept of a fast lane or speed limits. Cattle in mobile Appliances. But the neat thing is that there's two lanes in each direction with a share center turn lane still in the open agricultural area for five miles. Yep. Third lane, passing lane. Turn signal. Hammer time. Turbo lag. ZOOM! Seven seconds, three idiots down. Lalala. Zig lala zag, lala REALLY? Lalla Lalala la.. La. Never went fast enough to get pulled over if anybody had been watching and made the double lights at the five mile marker to head down away from all that stupid.

You know, I really Love my cars. But I've really come to hate going anywhere that isn't a one lane back road or race track. People are Stupid. So in complete annoyance that's my Rave. The one armed man is King in the land of the blind and stupid.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20191202_163316.jpg  
    Last edited by Rattle Trap; 1 Week Ago at 08:48 PM.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    LOL! In front of my house the speed limit is 30mph with three lanes. Down the road less than a mile is a five lane 45mph. People drive 40mph by my house and 30 or less with the five lane. Drives me nuts. My WalMart is two miles away. Takes me at least eight minutes to get there. Oh did I say there also is NINE STOP LIGHTS between me and there.
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab 4WD
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport
    2017 Dodge Challenger R/T

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    It took me 45 minutes to go 8 miles Saturday. Lucky I have a good relationship with the parts guy or walking in the door a 4:59 for a quick sale wouldn't work. Speed limit virtually the whole way is 45. If we get over 30 anymore I get all excited how well we are doing. And I spend a lot of time 'coaching' the other drivers. Note: I keep the audio turned off on the dash cam.

United States
    Thanks
    I'm not sure if people are stoned or stupid. Maybe problems with getting anywhere are the results of too many years of boring cars.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    The Wally World Super Center is less than a mile from my house and I've been there a total of 3 times and that was almost 20 years ago now. After the last time there, I saw no reason to ever go there again. That place seems to attract every rude, inconsiderate, wife beater shirt wearing, trailer trash, 3 tooth people who feel the need to bring their 8 bratty kids along and let's them run free, and it draws every other low life mouth breather from a 50 mile radius. The last time I decided to go at 3am, figuring it wouldn't be as bad. I was wrong. The people in there that time of night were just creepy and scary. You know, when they walk past you the temp drops 30 degrees type of creepy. Left without buying anything, just decided to GTFO and quick. NEVER F******* AGAIN. Funny how if you go to Target (or pretty much ANY store other than Walmart), you see none of that. Shoppers there are just fine and normal human beings that have manners and consideration for other shoppers.
    Last edited by aspen79; 1 Week Ago at 06:43 PM.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator kent's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'm so lucky! I live in a Christmas card! lol

But I do stay out of Walmart.
    1980 roadrunner

United States
    Thanks
    Walmart is at the edge of town and I'm not "fancy people". The other shoppers are typically uglier than at other retailers, but I'm not there looking for a date. Been married 20 years thanks. I just may be one of those people the temperature drops near. But I keep my money tight and head on a swivel no matter where I am. Meijer's is 3 more lights in and 3 to 85 cents more on every exact same items sold at Walmart. I'm not trying to simply pad corporate profits. MY bottom line is my concern. Target is another five lights past that and if you think I'm going a total of 8 lights deep into that mess, especially during tourist season which just ended last month finally, you are Carrraaaazay! Oh, and Krogers? You must be kidding. That's another five lights and twelve plus minutes each way to spend another $50 more on groceries than even at Meijer's! I am not about to just whizz $100 or more per week into the wind to have a "nicer" experience in procuring necessities. Nope. I'm not Fancy. I gots me some Mopar stuff to be spending that savings on!

Edit: On the "fancy" thing. I think the thing I Love most about my wife is that she isn't either. I've seen her in make up twice in all our years. We were getting married the first time her friends insisted on making her look different. And I can always just yell, "Hey you wana go to …….." and that woman shows up from around the corner ready to go however she's dressed. Not that she's a jammy shopper. But she isn't trying to make the world wait another half hour while she perfects her self image either. She knows I love her and she loves me and isn't about to try impressing anybody else. Straight out of the garden or out from under a car, we're ready to roll and get done what needs done so we can return to our little paradise.

Hey Now. That's a Rave!
    Last edited by Rattle Trap; 1 Week Ago at 09:47 PM.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I have three choices, closest to farthest and the farthest is two miles away. Target, Sam's club, Walmart. Walmart happens to be a little further down the road and across the street from my place of employment from where I retired from. The same type of people go to all the stores. Not a lot of worry to run into a lot of strange people but the chance of running into any of those would be the same anywhere around me at any time. Not that many in my little slice of the universe but you don't have to go too far from that area.............
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab 4WD
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport
    2017 Dodge Challenger R/T