Page 68 of 72 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranting and Raving

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, everything is garbage today. Look at all the wonderful things we added to go wrong! And you can trust that they will! Would you like the extended warranty? You're guna need it! They can't even make the simple things right anymore because it's all about how much they can get away with reducing costs. Two year old tires get dry rot. WTH is That? Just garbage in a world of replaceable appliances.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    My 2009 300 will be in the crusher before long. The oil has high aluminum after just 79000 miles. My 95 Subaru (310k), 88 Jeep (390k), and 76 Volare (130k) have engines in much better condition. Plus the 300 is full of electronic modules that aren't made any more, aren't available from the dealer, and pretty much can't run the vehicle without. If anything in the steering/abs/body modules goes, the car goes into limp mode and can't realistically be driven. That includes the tone rings as well as the electronics and I hear there are no more tone rings except from the China market. The 300 cost me as much as the other three added together.

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Throw away cars. Can't get parts to repair them and if you can, the repair costs more than the vehicle is worth with it fixed. We've seen a number of GM cars get scrapped because the body contol module took a dump and,,,,,,,,,,,,,discontinued from dealer, no aftermarket, and a used one can't be programmed to a different vehicle VIN. It's all a part of a plan I think.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

4. The Following User Says Thank You to aspen79 For This Useful Post:

doublechaz (3 Weeks Ago)

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Planned obsolescence is the plan, of perpetual debt. You've got seven year loans today due to the cost of vehicles, and maybe 8 to 10 of service life. That's why they don't even care if they start rusting within five. Their electronic lifespans are half used up already. They used to get away with the LIE of the costs being from Unionized Workers. But now they make them all over the world and price them about the same no matter if they pay $0.25 or $1.75 or $30 for labor that amounts to a single digit percentage of cost. It's all BS.

Speaking of BS. Our school system just sent notification. They weren't fully forthcoming in the initial email but just got the all call, the High School is out. Positive cases in Each lunch period where nobody who does wear a mask,,, has Positive cases. So All our sports are Done. And also that they're working to go remote learning while it gets sorted out. Seventeen positives in the district as of now. Mask mandate in effect now and no longer voluntary to those whom choose because somebody at DOH decided that if you wear a mask, you don't have to quarantine unless showing symptoms. That last bit is truly laughable in a no jokes situation.

But I really feel bad for the children who aren't naturally gifted with good health, and their parents. We know two children with asthma among the positive cases in the district. This is very dangerous for them. Sometimes I take my refusal to call my problems "bad health" because I always fight my way through Everything. I'm just a natural fighter. Break, fracture, lacerate, gouge, whatever happens, I just keep going until there's a point to deal with it then do that so I can heal to keep going some more. I mean what do you do if you're laid open in the woods? Sit down and wait for help on the cell phone, or get to that help? Can't breathe? Well? Can I make it 150 feet to the oxygen tank for some pure goodness? Yep. I might be half dead when I get there but I'll manage. And I have. So it's kind of a different thing for me to consider that some people don't have near what I and the rest of my family do. I guess we are truly Blessed. I really hope we don't lose any of the kids in our hometown. The statistics say the percentage is Zero in the under 20yrs old category, but that isn't a true zero, it's just less than 1%.

With this running rampant in our town right now I have to question who's idea it was to bring the lousy big city team in so our corn fed country boys could blow them out at our Homecoming? Spread was rampant there when they came here. But I'm not the sort to play the blame game either. If the statistics hold true, there is going to be a whole lot more natural immunity coming to our town shortly. Another thing our family enjoys after what we went through so long ago it seems. Hundreds of times more immune to this now than those who can still get it and spread it due to only having vaxxed immunity. Or getting vaxxed and becoming protein shedders that spread it far and wide to mostly the most vulnerable who aren't vaxxed but also each other. We've got those people in our community too who are now currently positive. Whatever make believe games people want to play politically, this is only ever going to come down to healthy recovered natural immunity. Anybody with some medical sense knew that from the start. You simply don't conquer a highly mutable virus with vaccines. We know this with the seasonal flu and this one jumps more often than that. That's why the Nurses, people who know the Science doesn't fit what sudden celebrities of "medical advisors" are telling the lay people, and are walking away rather than be forced to surrender their bodies further after being on the front lines through the worst of it because of their dedication. They know better. But will sadly be replaced with those that are willing to parrot an agenda rather than act in the true interests of humanity.

Having said that last sentence leaves me with an angry taste in my mouth and this is just supposed to be a rant and not anger. So I'm going to sign off for today with that I'm grateful for Natural Immunity and hopeful that we can force higher powers to recognize it's Superiority. There was only one place I could get my son tested as quickly as he can return to school, not that there will be one to return to now for a bit, but whatever. The lady at the County Health Dept who came to the car to test my son today for his current quarantine in an actually protective mask became suddenly relieved and very friendly when I informed her of our Antibody Positive status when she handed me the paperwork before going to his side of the car. She became very chatty as a matter of fact. Sharing that despite "official orders" that the state takes from the CDC (an organization with low credibility to those who've paid much close attention as they treat humanity like the virus) they are all well aware of the natural superiority and happy to just go through the motions with us knowing we and they in our presence are all safe. Much unlike around anybody who's unknown or vaxxed. But apparently the Insurance Industry is running this shipshow along with the CDC and NIH, and those antibody tests are very expensive. I don't know, I haven't gotten my statement from the insurance company yet since we only recently finally got tested. We were well aware of what we've gone thru and it didn't matter much before. But I can tell you one thing for sure. This constant exposure to Delta giving us heightened smell perceptions like some ridiculous super power rather getting any illness from it. It's really annoying. We all lost our smell and became long hauler survivors. (Yeah just a minority of the 99%, whatever) Nothing smelled right. Things that were enjoyable became repulsive, other things became weird. It always changes too so you have no idea from one cycle of nerve receptor regrowth to the next on what you're going to be annoyed with. But more and more we're realizing that the systemic reaction to Delta is proper reconnection of the olfactory nerves. And now it's just really WEIRD! Is THAT what a Fart smells like? Holy Crab I'm proud of that! LMAO!

But I pray for those less fortunate all the same.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The diverging diamond interchange.

A new smarter idea to replace the cloverleaf in congested areas. Now you can go right to go left and left to go left and left to go straight and this will reduce problems and help traffic flow more than bearing right to turn or holding left to go straight. BRILLIANT! (insert sarcastic tone)
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    That sounds way worse than circles. I wish we could reach 10% understanding of how to use a circle. Maybe it's just around here, but I doubt it.

United States
    Thanks
    I drive through a traffic circle (or round-a-bout if you prefer) at least twice a day near work. It works beautifully. Previously it was a regular intersection and traffic would be backed up constantly. Since the circle was put in, no back ups at all. It takes up WAY more space than an intersection (way, way, way more space) but it solved the problem.

We've got an interchange of sorts about 4 miles north of my house, where Hwy 15, Hwy 29, Hwy 52 and 52 Parkway come together, split, merge etc, along with connecting to surface streets as well. Coming from the west on Hwy 29, it can mess with you. It opens up into 4 lanes heading east and to go north on hwy 51, you go in the far right lane (which as on the SOUTH side of the road). The two right lanes split off and then they split. The far right lane is to go north on 51, the other lane then splits into two and one lane goes to W. Stewart Ave, the other goes around to The Hwy 52 Parkway (HELP!!!) To go south on Hwy 51, you go in the 2 left lanes and they swoop around and meet up with 51. It almost seems backwards. It's one of those where you can go from any hwy, in any direction to any other hwy in any direction with out ever slowing down. Heck of a thing they built. One spot has 4 levels of bridges. The one I don't like is going from hwy 51 north to hwy 29 west. It goes WAY up, and up, and up....... Me and heights have an understanding, we both hate each other, lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails freeway3.jpg   freeway2.jpg   freeway1.jpg  
    Last edited by aspen79; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:35 AM.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

Aspen and Volare Junior Member Autostocks's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I remember when they started putting traffic circles in around the northwest suburbs of Detroit, they ran public service announcements on TV constantly showing how to use them. There are always moron drivers, but for the most part it seemed to have worked. I am very happy with them, really keeps traffic flowing.
    77 Dodge W150 Macho Power Wagon * 78 Plymouth Volare Super Coupe * 86 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer 2.1L Turbodiesel * 88 Dodge Lancer Shelby (owned since new)
    18 Fiat 124 Spider Classica * 21 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel

United States
    Thanks
    They're easy to navigate. Always go left around the center and yield to traffic coming from the left (hence the yield signs), simple. Best hint is, ignore the overhead signs. They're what will screw you up if you're not used to traffic circles. Confusing is an understatement. There is a short learning curve to them but they do work. For most intersections, a circle isn't an option due to the space they take, which is much MUCH more than a regular intersection.

Actually the one in Mosinee is more like a traffic circle with ramps for right turns from or onto the high volume roads. At any rate, it works like a charm.
    Last edited by aspen79; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:04 PM.

United States
    Thanks
    Neither rant nor rave but...........

What the heck lately? First my dad passes away August 15th, then on Aug 30th, another guy at work had his mother pass away, last week one other guy's dad passed away, and this morning the brother of yet another guy at work was killed in a car accident (he turned left in front of a semi going 55 mph). It's like we are all jinxed all of a sudden.