Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranting and Raving

Aspen and Volare Super Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Good idea! My vote is to replace the sensor/probe.
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab 4WD
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport
    2017 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    RAVE!!!! A couple months ago I had my sewer lateral (PVC pipe) excavated and the cracked section replaced. Been waiting for the bill, since I had no idea what the cost is (had to be done regardless) and like to know where I'm at before making any other large purchases. Finally got the bill and was pleasantly surprised! To excavate 6 feet down, repair the pipe and fill the excavation back in,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$639 Honestly, I was thinking it'd be at least twice that much and they did it 4 days after I talked to them. Guess who my new "first place to call" plumbing company is? lol
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

United States
    Thanks
    RAVE!!!! A couple months ago I had my sewer lateral (PVC pipe) excavated and the cracked section replaced. Been waiting for the bill, since I had no idea what the cost is (had to be done regardless) and like to know where I'm at before making any other large purchases. Finally got the bill and was pleasantly surprised! To excavate 6 feet down, repair the pipe and fill the excavation back in,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$639 Honestly, I was thinking it'd be at least twice that much and they did it 4 days after I talked to them. Guess who my new "first place to call" plumbing company is? lol
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

United States
    Thanks
    Wouldn't really call this a rant or a rave, maybe just something stupid? We've had a 2011 Chrysler 300 AWD sitting out back at work for a month now. The splined coupler between the trans output shaft and transfer case input shaft is stripped so, of course, the car won't move. Just makes angry sounding grinding noises. Here's the stupid part. The coupler is discontinued from Chrysler and the dealer shows none in stock,,,,,,,,,,,anywhere. It's not available aftermarket, and the salvage yard we deal with has a request on the system for a used one, and we've called half a dozen tranny shops trying to find one. Came up with nothing, nada, zilch. I mean, what is the guy supposed to do, junk the car? From what we've found out, the stripped coupler is not an uncommon problem and there's a lot of these cars sitting broken with no parts to repair them. Seems just silly to me that you can't buy a mechanical part for a 10 year old car.

End with a rave. Supposed to by almost 60 degree tomorrow! But then thunderstorms Wednesday and back to "normal" (high 30's) after that. Majority of the snow is gone but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it's still winter so I'm sure it won't stay that way for long. Last weekend I thought it would be nice to get the snowblower out of the garage, and out of the friggin' way, and put it back in the shed. I'm not that dumb, it's still in the garage, lol.

United States
    Thanks
    Have a machine shop make one.
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport

United States
    Thanks
    That is the current plan. One of the shop owners brothers has a metal fab shop and they can build just about anything out of any metal you want. He's working on how to do it right now, and then writing a program for the equipment. It's really the only choice. It won't be cheap but at least the guy can get his car back.

The coupler has internal splines on the trans end, and external on the t-case end. Of course it needs to be the right material and then be correctly hardened and annealed. From the things I've seen come out of that shop (our stainless steel alignment rack for one), they do awesome work.
    Last edited by aspen79; 03-09-2021 at 06:06 PM.

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    The up side is with the program in hand they should be able to sell some more of these to get their development time paid for. That hard part will be connecting with those who need this.

United States
    Thanks
    Turns out to have the shaft made is cost prohibitive, both for the customer and the machine shop. We finally found a use trans/t-case assy and are going to take the (hopefully) good coupler out. I believe the trans itself is fried, hence the cost delivered was only $500.

United States
    Thanks
    Not being able to make one sucks.
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport

United States
    Thanks
    Cautious rave: It's been at or above avg temps for March so far (66 yesterday and today, avg high is 42). Aside from a few piles of snow here and there where it was piled up in parking lots, and of course on the north side of Rib Mountain, it's all gone. On the way home tonight I noticed the street sweepers have started cleaning up all the sand (at least here in Rib Mt.) AND,,,,,,,,,,,we're supposed to get at least an inch of rain on Wednesday which will be a good start to washing the salt away. Provided the weather doesn't turn for the worse and those morons don't spray anymore salt brine, I can feel the season getting closer and closer! Still have April to go and you never know what might happen (like a blizzard) but so far, so good!